Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd June 2017, 11:20   #1
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

Default Help Required Air Con Fan

I have asked various questions re the 2 speed or 3 speed fans and resistors etc.
But i cant see a resistor on mine without removing the bumper.I tried the demist test can hear a click but fan does not run.After a run today 24.5 c on gauge fan is not running, with aircon running or not.
My problem is knowing which fan 2 or 3 speed, is it u/s or just need a gold resistor.I am unsure of doing the other tests.
I am going to order a new condenser as fans are crumbling, and change inter cooler hoses, due to work I need the car on the road so was looking at getting parts for next weekend when I will have fri to mon to sort.I dont want to order resistor incase fan is u/s and dont want to order new fan incase its the former,plus I want to just take bumper off the once, you can see my dilemma?Oh by the way had car in ATS for regas and he said no leak but system "not working" properly it does cool car but dont want to cause any damage by running it.New belt fitted 3 weeks ago.

Is there anyone in north east I,m in Chester le Street who could confirm one way or other which/what is faulty? Either come to mine or I,ll come to yours, either today Sunday or monday.

I wont be on here alot today but my phone number and email address can be found on my CP

Thanks Guys in advance
Completed, Pcv filter,viton rings,rear,springs,discs,pads,shoes & shocks.Plenum guard,alternator.Headlamp refurb.rear exhaust.all filters alternator & belts,o/s control arm,windows /mirror controls sorted.2 door cards realigned.rear bulb holder, Wipers,Revotec fan condenser,silicon hoses.Lower rear engine mount
Tony
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 11:31   #2
Grumble and Grouch
Regular poster

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony062622 View Post
I have asked various questions re the 2 speed or 3 speed fans and resistors etc.
But i cant see a resistor on mine without removing the bumper.I tried the demist test can hear a click but fan does not run.After a run today 24.5 c on gauge fan is not running, with aircon running or not.
My problem is knowing which fan 2 or 3 speed, is it u/s or just need a gold resistor.I am unsure of doing the other tests.
I am going to order a new condenser as fans are crumbling, and change inter cooler hoses, due to work I need the car on the road so was looking at getting parts for next weekend when I will have fri to mon to sort.I dont want to order resistor incase fan is u/s and dont want to order new fan incase its the former,plus I want to just take bumper off the once, you can see my dilemma?Oh by the way had car in ATS for regas and he said no leak but system "not working" properly it does cool car but dont want to cause any damage by running it.New belt fitted 3 weeks ago.

Is there anyone in north east I,m in Chester le Street who could confirm one way or other which/what is faulty? Either come to mine or I,ll come to yours, either today Sunday or monday.

I wont be on here alot today but my phone number and email address can be found on my CP

Thanks Guys in advance
Marinabrian is your man, I think he's in Newcastle.
Grumble and Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 11:32   #3
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Take it to Dave's, only up the road
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 16:39   #4
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

Just a quick update , being up to Brians and result is need new fan.It is a 3 speed fan but no speeds are working, so fan totally Donald Ducked looks like the revotec fan from Jules to order tonight
Completed, Pcv filter,viton rings,rear,springs,discs,pads,shoes & shocks.Plenum guard,alternator.Headlamp refurb.rear exhaust.all filters alternator & belts,o/s control arm,windows /mirror controls sorted.2 door cards realigned.rear bulb holder, Wipers,Revotec fan condenser,silicon hoses.Lower rear engine mount
Tony
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote