Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd May 2017, 19:59   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
Who is left then, perhaps one of the smaller companies , anyone have a good recommendation
Plusnet - owned by BT, but independent. They frequently offer some exceptional 12 month packages. We have line, unlimited BB, free UK anytime, free to mobiles upto 2000 minutes a month all for <£27 a month with a £50 cashback.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 22:42   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Any update Jim?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 07:57   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

did you Email [email protected] or telephone 020 7356 4931 (Direct) Switchboard 020 7356 5000 Fax 0207 356 6650

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 08:03   #14
Gareth.Richards
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Plusnet - owned by BT, but independent. They frequently offer some exceptional 12 month packages. We have line, unlimited BB, free UK anytime, free to mobiles upto 2000 minutes a month all for <£27 a month with a £50 cashback.

I have moved all of my services from BT to Plusnet due to BT not being able to give me additional SIM cards or a discounted broadband price due to a system error for more than 6 months, all because I was originally on an employee package, couldn't organise a P*** up in a brewery! Always saying it's not our department! (Rant over)
Gareth
Gareth.Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 06:58   #15
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth.Richards View Post
I have moved all of my services from BT to Plusnet due to BT not being able to give me additional SIM cards or a discounted broadband price due to a system error for more than 6 months, all because I was originally on an employee package, couldn't organise a P*** up in a brewery! Always saying it's not our department! (Rant over)
Gareth
Out of interest, did you suffer any loss which would have justified being given free SIM cards?

Also, I would have thought that employee packages were reduced price or free of charge anyway. Is that not the case with BT?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 07:18   #16
Gareth.Richards
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Out of interest, did you suffer any loss which would have justified being given free SIM cards?

Also, I would have thought that employee packages were reduced price or free of charge anyway. Is that not the case with BT?
Employee packages are subject to discount pricing or free service however as soon as yo leave the company your services revert to standard pricing (base rates) so paying full price!

I didn't suffer any losses on the SIM cards as I just wanted to consolidate the families SIM cards to get a better deal.
Gareth.
Gareth.Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 07:40   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

We are with EE, they are useless too, every month the bill is more than we are supposed to pay. Possibly because the landline is used to call mobiles too much, but the broadband is diabolical, we are going to change shortly.
Old 5th June 2017, 13:34   #18
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Default BT?

Question was are BT worst company. Absolutely not. By far and away the worst set up for customer service etc has to be Scottish Power. They have been propping up the customer service satisfaction surveys for yonks. From personal and other family members experience they are simply the pits. I would of course give the details but I'd have to have the day off work to detail them. My suggestion though for any bad service situations - get the Chief Executives email address and mail them . This site is brilliant to track them down:

http://www.ceoemail.com/

I've used it with BT and boy did that get things moving, CEO's do not like direct customer contact and they get off their butts pretty quick when they get one. Scottish Power are in a different league though as they simply ignore them. However I found that repeatedly bombarding the entire Board of Directors did get a result. I was paid some £300 in compensation through their sheer and utter incompetance.

Moral - go straight to the top if you don't get satisfaction
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 13:44   #19
mbrenn
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloons Conn SE 2.0L V6 (2001) & Conn 2.0L CDTi (2003)

I spent more than 12 hrs over several months ringing BT to solve an internet connectivity problem (was mis-sold BT Infinity package as an upgrade, we were 3.8 kms from nearest box; >3kms it won't work properly). They sent out 8 different engineers over as many weeks, each one arrived out with no knowledge of previous engineer's visit or the problem. Eventually e-mailed the CEO of BT who directed this to Head of Customer Service who got it sorted and got some credit on our bill. We had been loyal BT customers for many years but when my plan finished I transferred to Talk Talk, 50% cheaper plan and no hassle.
mbrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 18:21   #20
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Question was are BT worst company. Absolutely not. By far and away the worst set up for customer service etc has to be Scottish Power. They have been propping up the customer service satisfaction surveys for yonks. From personal and other family members experience they are simply the pits. I would of course give the details but I'd have to have the day off work to detail them. My suggestion though for any bad service situations - get the Chief Executives email address and mail them . This site is brilliant to track them down:

http://www.ceoemail.com/

I've used it with BT and boy did that get things moving, CEO's do not like direct customer contact and they get off their butts pretty quick when they get one. Scottish Power are in a different league though as they simply ignore them. However I found that repeatedly bombarding the entire Board of Directors did get a result. I was paid some £300 in compensation through their sheer and utter incompetance.

Moral - go straight to the top if you don't get satisfaction

lol Iain Livingstone one of BT's previous CEO'S did not like staff contacting him and was quite off with one of them.
I emailed Gavin Patterson over the weekend and I wait a reply.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote