Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2008, 09:25   #1
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

Default Symphony with Connects2 iPod kit

I have a Symphony unit complete with a Connects2 iPod adapter that has been sitting on a shelf since I upgraded the ICE last time. Get the improved looks and audio of the Symphony combined with the flexibility of the iPod!

The HU is in good working condition and in nice shape cosmetically. Se pics below.

The connects2 also works well but it does have some quirks that the buyer must be beware of. According to spec you are supposed to be able to select between playlists using CD changer buttons in some way but I have never ever gotten that to work. What does work is:

* Skipping tracks with skip buttons on HU or on steering wheel
* iPod stops and resumes playing when powering off/on or when switching between radio and iPod.
* iPod charging.
* Full use of the iPods own interface of course

There is also some bug (at least with the old 3G ipod that I had then) causing the ipod at infrequent times not to be "recognized" when plugging into the connects2. Symptoms of that will be the loss of remote controls and track skipping but music will still play. Remedy for when that happens is to unplug the ipod and power off/on the HU. Note that this only happens when connecting the iPod but once things have been connected they tend to be rock solid.

The Symphony uses ISO connectors so you might need an adapter loom to install it in your car.

All in all I used this combo for half a year and was generally very pleased with it. Next thing the ICE bug caught me again and I had to upgrade.

With the kit there also comes an original but somewhat defective CD changer. It has the classic disc eject problem and I am not sure wether I might have misplaced some screws to the outer housing. CD changer cable is also included.

The items are located in Sweden, but I will visit the U.K. the next week so there can be money saved on shipping.

Asked price for the lot (including CD changer wreck) is £75 plus shipping. I will donate 5% of the earnings to the club.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur
Closed Thread