Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2012, 21:45   #1
b1ackflash

Rover 75 Saloon

Default '03 (pre-facelift) 2.5 Connoisseur SE 64k FSH...**SOLD**

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS CAR! Good, important to get that out of the way because...

I bought this superb car only last week having owned supercharged Jags (XJR then XKR-S) for last 6 years. The XJR was getting tired and I fell in love with the XKR-S at the same time I got a new job with a car allowance (or a company BMW 320d? I think not), but one year on I made the mistake of using a loan saloon and realised that the gorgeous looks did not compensate for the hard ride of the coupe on 20" wheels. I didn't want to go back to the saloon (too big and the newer ones too frumpy), looked for but failed to find the right late model S-type, so went back to my roots and this Rover 75 (I had one as a company car in Rover's glory days when the future looked rosy...).

Have you guessed? Yes, the perfect S-type has turned up. Same colour scheme as the Rover, a bit more oomph, etc. And a bit more cash, obviously.

I looked hard to find a 75 with the auto box, a 2.5 V6 engine (the best performance this side of a V8), a decent exterior colour (navy or arden green for me, though please don't divert this thread with an argument about colours!) and my preferred sandstone leather interior, and with full service history. I spotted this: http://www.northendmotors.co.uk/used...saloon_171.htm, negotiated for the cambelts to be changed and splashed out on 12m tax. I travelled from the East Midlands to Portsmouth to collect it and it was a great journey back. Wife loves it (the 75 was always her favourite car of mine) and car freak neighbour, who I thought would mourn the passing of the XKR-S, said what a nice and good condition car I had managed to find.

The detectives amongst you will have deduced from the website ad that I paid between £2295 and £3395 for the car. It cost me well over £3000 by the time I had factored in the cambelts and 12m road tax. The interior is superb, the bodywork is rust free and rock solid, with some scratches near the door handle which I'd polish out but this is a seriously good-looking car which belies its years, as you can see.

Now, I'm an intelligent man and i know I'm not going to get my money back. But I'd like to think I could get more of a contibution to the S-type than a token trade-in valuation of £1000... And, seriously, I'd like to see it go to a good home rather than be some uncared for "budget" runaround for someone who doesn't really appreciate that they're driving a fine piece of British engineering and heritage, or the importance of maintaining same...

Apparently I have to give a price: I am looking for £3000... or a very near offer... or a near offer... or a not very near at all offer which is more than £1000 . You probably know the market price better than me; offer me it and we have a deal. Thanks.

Seriously, happy to answer any questions.

Best wishes,

Nigel

Last edited by b1ackflash; 9th November 2012 at 07:08.. Reason: Got the year wrong
b1ackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 21:51   #2
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Club rules require that you stipulate a price when you sell on the forum, although you can add ONO or OVNO when it is a whole car you are selling ..... hope this hasn't spoiled your game.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 21:53   #3
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
Club rules require that you stipulate a price when you sell on the forum, although you can add ONO or OVNO when it is a whole car you are selling ..... hope this hasn't spoiled your game.
Already PM'd the gentleman

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 22:13   #4
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Already PM'd the gentleman
2004??? the advert lists an 03
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 13:15   #5
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Email reminder sent regarding price.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 13:18   #6
b1ackflash

Rover 75 Saloon

Default I suppose rules are rules...

I have to give a price but can say OVNO or ONO.

I am looking for £3000 or a very near offer or a near offer or a not very near at all offer which is more than £1000. You probably know the market price better than me; offer me it and we have a deal. Thanks.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:21   #7
b1ackflash

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Apologies I will edit the post - helps if I can read a number plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapperGB View Post
2004??? the advert lists an 03
Apologies I will edit the post - helps if I can read a number plate
Old 7th November 2012, 13:34   #8
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackflash View Post
Apologies I will edit the post - helps if I can read a number plate
Thanks Nigel - thread title also amended
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 07:14   #9
b1ackflash

Rover 75 Saloon

Default 2003 Connoisseur SE - £1995 will do nicely thank you

In case it wasn't obvious, I was joking when I said offers near (or nowhere near) £3000... she's a cracking car, but I know I paid top whack (or more). If you are interested at £1995 then please get in touch to arrange a viewing.

If you PM me, I can even give you my phone number so we can be all modern and speak to each other rather than writing!

Nigel
Old 14th November 2012, 20:41   #10
b1ackflash

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Buy now while stocks last...

Many thanks to those who have enquired so far. I will do my best to be flexible regarding price and to bring the car to you (or nearer than Leicestershire anyway) if i can squeeze it into my manic schedule.

The dream Jag S-Type turned out to be not so dreamy but I hope to have a couple of viewings in next few days.

Nigel