Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2018, 11:05   #1
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default Earn Cash from your Photos

A new photo internet sales site.....https://www.lens2print.co.uk/index.asp Good luck!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:49   #2
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

I get the feeling that someone thought it was a great idea all the way up until it was up and running. There's one... just one blog post from June 29. Having setup a blog section I'd expect at least a weekly entry. No fb/twitter etc... They don't seem to be active in encouraging participation in their site. It's like they thought it would just run itself and grow without any further input from them once 'out there'. I can't find anything worthwhile for a photographer to be happy about either - some vague wording about pictures being 'technically correct' but no explanation of the submission / approval process prior to signing up. Looks like they've set themselves up for failure really, when putting a days work a week into it and a bit more money for proper site usability and interaction testing would pay off.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:05   #3
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
I get the feeling that someone thought it was a great idea all the way up until it was up and running. There's one... just one blog post from June 29. Having setup a blog section I'd expect at least a weekly entry. No fb/twitter etc... They don't seem to be active in encouraging participation in their site. It's like they thought it would just run itself and grow without any further input from them once 'out there'. I can't find anything worthwhile for a photographer to be happy about either - some vague wording about pictures being 'technically correct' but no explanation of the submission / approval process prior to signing up. Looks like they've set themselves up for failure really, when putting a days work a week into it and a bit more money for proper site usability and interaction testing would pay off.
Thanks for looking into it. It is a new site and I know a photographer who is on their books. I have posted up a question on his photography forum asking about the vetting procedure, as that is not evident in the terms and conditions. But looking at the site, it appears they only want photos of a certain standard and what the photographer hopes to earn per photo published is not clear. Its a site to keep an eye on for the long term if it survives, but I am bearing in mind, that it is still in its infancy.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:32   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I used to sell/rent my slides to a company in Manchester but as digital photography started to take off they stopped wanting.

You need to be very careful when it comes to selling "your" photo's. Read all the small print on any contract. Get a solicitor to go over the contract.
The arrangement I had with the said company was that ,1, I sold the slide to them for a fixed sum, I then had no right to that slide. No copies otherwise I was infringing on their copyright. 2, I rented the slide to them, every time they used the picture I was paid an agreed sum. That way I kept the copyright on that slide. They was allowed to copy it but every time it was used I got a percentage on the royalties.

A lot of the pictures they required were of the "chocolate box" type. They sometimes wanted photo's of children but that is something else, so I steered away from that area.
Landscapes, sea scapes, sunset and sunrise pictures were very popular. Animals were very popular especially kittens and puppies. Transport pictures were rarely required.

Hope this helps.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote