Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th October 2010, 21:45   #1
ChuffinEck
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE with LPG

Default Its On The Road....At Last

Its on the road at last.....having sat on my drive since xmas my Connie Tourer Diesel is back on the road. the accident damage I bought it with has been repaired and its got a fresh mot. I have driven it for the first time today and ...............its absolutely confirmed my suspicions.....its a fantastic car...smooth, comfortable, quiet everything you all know....but to me is new....one or two little niggles like the electric mirrors arent working at the moment and the central locking seems a bit tempremental...but am looking forward to sorting it out and tomorrow am doing the.....PLENUMS....I havent enjoyed driving in a long time now am looking forward to many a trip/////Yippee
ChuffinEck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 22:14   #2
FlashHarry
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur 2.0 CDT Manual

What a coincidence!! I bought my next door neighbours 2002 Connoisseur Tourer Cdt, 47,000 miles, manual two weeks ago and it has just sat on my drive. I transferred the insurance off my 200Tdi discovery this afternoon and I am off down to Suffolk tomorrow, returning Sunday, a round trip of about 320 miles. The tank is full to the top so I will work out the mpg when I fill it on my return.

I have done the plenums and have sent the pcb for the Webasto fbh off to FrenchMike to have it repaired. I am only down the A1 from you. Will report back after my trip probably on Monday. Have fun with yours!
Paul
FlashHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 08:43   #3
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Well done Mark enjoy driving your Rover 75 for many years to come
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 08:48   #4
Tractor Boy
Posted a thing or two

75 contempary, ZT now sold

Im doing about 250 miles a day in mine and I cant think of a better place to spend my day. Enjoy your cars chaps
Old 30th October 2010, 09:32   #5
ChuffinEck
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE with LPG

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashHarry View Post
What a coincidence!! I bought my next door neighbours 2002 Connoisseur Tourer Cdt, 47,000 miles, manual two weeks ago and it has just sat on my drive. I transferred the insurance off my 200Tdi discovery this afternoon and I am off down to Suffolk tomorrow, returning Sunday, a round trip of about 320 miles. The tank is full to the top so I will work out the mpg when I fill it on my return.

I have done the plenums and have sent the pcb for the Webasto fbh off to FrenchMike to have it repaired. I am only down the A1 from you. Will report back after my trip probably on Monday. Have fun with yours!
Paul
Hi Paul
that is a blooming coincidence, i dont know if I have changed my location on here but I am at Elkesley, so as you say not that far away. I am trying to convince my friend and neighbour to buy one as he loves mine and his van has just packed in so he is watching one on ebay at the moment, my encouragement for him to do so is twofold (a) I want him to have a decent vehicle (b) I want him to buy it so that we can swap leather interiors, I have sandstone leather in mine and its midnight blue, the want I hope he wins on ebay has a midnight blue interior !!!!
hopefully I can then get him to join the site as a subscribed member as the info and members on here are really helpful, he is a member of a ford site (van) and recieved no reply to his recent posts for help or advice as regards his van, which is probably something and nothing it starts and ticks over it just wont rev !!!
I hope you have a good trip to Suffolk the land of Tolly Cobbold (probably the worst ale in the world) was based there at Shotley Gate (HMS Ganges) just outside Ipswich, and let me know your fuel figures,
Take Care Mark.
ChuffinEck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 19:28   #6
FlashHarry
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur 2.0 CDT Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrmark75T View Post
Hi Paul
that is a blooming coincidence, ...........was based there at Shotley Gate (HMS Ganges) just outside Ipswich, and let me know your fuel figures,
Take Care Mark.
I have a mooring on the river Deben at Ramsholt and over the last ten years one place I have visited on a regular basis is Shotley Marina, which was once Shotley Gate (HMS Ganges). If you have not been back I suspect you will be amazed at the transformation. It has a lock allowing access at all states of tide and is open 24/7 and it is certainly a welcome refuge when the weather is inclement. Worth a visit for anyone as it is directly opposie the Port of Felixstowe and you could spend a day watching the container ships berthing and departing, as well as all the traffic going up the river Orwell to Ipswich, and up the river Stour to berth at Harwich. The Shipwreck bar /resteraunt is good value and you can sit outside on a pleasant day and watch the ships go by. Perhaps a good place for a Forum Meet-up sometime.

I was late leaving to go to Woodbridge, and late coming back. The tank was not quite full when I started but I did fill it up on return. I did 349 miles and it took 39.7 litre which works out at 39.98mpg, but I did most of the journnies at a steady 90mph (only joking of course)!!!! I will see how it works out over the next couple of weeks on mixed driving but I was pleased with that trip. The car is great to drive and I am dead pleased with it.

Hope you enjoy your and persuade your mate to get one.
Paul
FlashHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:58   #7
Corwen
Loves to post

ROVER 75 CLUB SE 1.8

hms ganges, was supposed to join up there in 1966, but they changed me to hms raleigh at the last moment, best 11 years was spent in the royal navy, finally got my pension last month
Corwen is offline   Reply With Quote