Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th April 2017, 10:40   #1
Martin1972
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Constructive criticism of traders...

On another (closed) thread, MarinaBrian questions the workmanship of another trader. An awkward situation, and Brian has been taken to task.

To be fair to Brian, and others who use club traders, how else can we share our experiences of their workmanship?

A "constructive criticism" forum for trader feedback is needed, where issues can be discussed and resolved out in the open, and to everyone's benefit.

It's easy to post praise and thanks when traders have done the business, but it can feel awkward and disruptive if you want to talk about things that have not gone well.

Brian can come across as "in your face," but he clearly knows what he's talking about. His input is welcomed by me.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
Old 12th April 2017, 11:06   #2
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Oh, you mean like Trip Advisor. Many businesses have been ruined by them, let's do that shall we?
Old 12th April 2017, 11:11   #3
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

It's all subjective and only as good as the day someone does work for you.

Not only that, one persons expectations of what they'll receive is totally different to someone else, so the two can hardly be compared.

Word of mouth is one thing, an equitably and fair trader system is a complete can of worms
Old 12th April 2017, 11:11   #4
Bigcul1
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Con SE

I would suggest a feedback scoring system would be better with ability to leave reviews by verified purchase. A forum just opens up arguments between what people think is right and wrong. It would be better just for the customer to leave feedback stating whether they were happy or not and reasons why. This should be locked to just the customer. We can then see the feedback (untainted by other comments) and make our own opinions on whether to use the trader or not. Standard rating system. Useful to all.
Old 12th April 2017, 11:13   #5
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Constructive criticism not allowed when it affects business model of the website. Quick make the nasty North East man look like a bully with an agenda.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Old 12th April 2017, 11:24   #6
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Think that it could be fraught with danger as one persons view and expectations of service may vary widely due to people all being different.
As they say , one mans food is another mans poison !!
Old 12th April 2017, 12:14   #7
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

I have had some discussion with one of the Mods this morning on this issue - he asks that if a member has a complaint about any work done on their car by a trader, that they PM one of the Mods, so they can get a true picture of any issues with a particular trader. Therefore, if anyone else on here has concerns/issues with respect to the trader currently in question, could they please PM Reebs or one of the other moderators. I know through informal contact with one or two members on here, that some folks have had issues after work was done by this person.

I do agree that it is difficult to post constructive criticism of traders on here, and it is a difficult area. However, having been seriously put out of pocket by the trader currently in the frame, I think there should be a process whereby rogues can be exposed and their trader status removed.

Pete
Old 12th April 2017, 12:33   #8
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

I think we have to accept that there is no way to constructively criticise traders on this platform.

A 79 year old relative of mine was sold a faulty part by a trader on here, the trader then went out of their way to ignore all communications that family member sent them leaving them significantly out of pocket.

A month later, in response to a wanted ad I had posted on this site, said trader sent me a pm linking to one they had for sale. I replied to their pm telling them why I wouldn't be buying from them. They ignored me too.

By happenstance, I then found out that at least two other members had been sold the same faulty part, one of whom was refunded, the other wasn't. They're just the ones I know of. I can't name and shame so I can only use word of mouth when asked off site for an opinion.

The club isn't responsible for that, and I suppose it's only fair that they don't allow traders to be named and shamed because it could easily be malicious or the result of an underlying motive.

I've also had two or three private purchases from non traders where things haven't quite been as described - I've also had dozens where my expectations have been exceeded.

The point is, I have a mental note of who to deal with and who to avoid - that's really all any of us can expect I guess.
Old 12th April 2017, 12:37   #9
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I think we should do it on a Judge Rinder basis.
I stand and listen to both sides of the argument and decide if some bodger has carried out a poor job and demand a repayment of funds paid. If they dont they will be banished from the forum and told to sling their hook.
I dont want to "dye" everyone with the same brush but you get what I mean.
Old 12th April 2017, 12:39   #10
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
I think we have to accept that there is no way to constructively criticise traders on this platform.

A 79 year old relative of mine was sold a faulty part by a trader on here, the trader then went out of their way to ignore all communications that family member sent them leaving them significantly out of pocket.

A month later, in response to a wanted ad I had posted on this site, said trader sent me a pm linking to one they had for sale. I replied to their pm telling them why I wouldn't be buying from them. They ignored me too.

By happenstance, I then found out that at least two other members had been sold the same faulty part, one of whom was refunded, the other wasn't. They're just the ones I know of. I can't name and shame so I can only use word of mouth when asked off site for an opinion.

The club isn't responsible for that, and I suppose it's only fair that they don't allow traders to be named and shamed because it could easily be malicious or the result of an underlying motive.

I've also had two or three private purchases from non traders where things haven't quite been as described - I've also had dozens where my expectations have been exceeded.

The point is, I have a mental note of who to deal with and who to avoid - that's really all any of us can expect I guess.
It is good to hear that the good experiences outnumber the bad ones.
Closed Thread