Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th July 2012, 22:23   #21
fizzgig656
Regular poster

rover tourer 1.8t

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
I'm in West Yorkshire and Brian is in Newcastle, the tunes we use are the ones for the standard ZT 1.8T so there's no issues to worry about.

These are applied with T4 the MG/Rover diagnostic machine not something you could do at home.

Although it's possible to get hold of tuning files and a lead off the internet unless you are careful you can turn your ECU into a useless brick, you are never sure if the files are good or bad or if they will work at all

Russ
Thanks Russ, if its ok ill keep you in mind for if I plan to come your way, I was hoping for some where closer, but the few companies ive tried contacting haven't replied yet. I may have to plan some time out and travel to you. Can you let me know either on here or message me, time needed to do the remap, other than 8 bhp what else seems to improve going from stock r75 to stock ZT is their improvements you can do on from that,costs, notice required? I'm sure ill have more questions if visit. Thanks for all your help.

love old cars, mg's,triumphs etc

If any one has in interest in model engineering on a amateur/basic scale have a look at my progress of a gt6? Mostly hand made parts...

http://www.tssc.org.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=55&func=view &id=64300&catid=195&limit=10&limitstart=0
fizzgig656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 20:17   #22
fizzgig656
Regular poster

rover tourer 1.8t

I am very grateful for all the reply and advice but im surprised there's not been any more people knowing of tuners/remappers in or near my area. i know, for most things, im out on a limb being in east Anglia. maybe im expecting too much? making things worse, the couple ive found "near" me haven't replied to my emails. Is someone trying to tell me something ?

If any one has in interest in model engineering on a amateur/basic scale have a look at my progress of a gt6? Mostly hand made parts...

http://www.tssc.org.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=55&func=view &id=64300&catid=195&limit=10&limitstart=0
Old 25th July 2012, 22:25   #23
spacekadett

Rover 75 saloon

I'm not far down the road from you (I'm near Sudbury) philt4 is I think the closest chap with the T4 setup and he put the 160 tune in my 75. Still a couple of hours down the road (he's in Olney iirc) but as I needed another key programmed as well it was a two birds, one stone thing. It's also worth plugging into a T4 if there are any features you want enabled or disabled.
There was a Rover Metro featured in PPC a year or two back fitted with a 1.8T and that was running 200 to 210bhp, but that was running an Emerald ecu.
spacekadett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 22:39   #24
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Isn't tuning a 1.8 a bit like pulling the pin on a granade with an uncertain fuse length?????

no james , thats the diesels your thinking of... innit
Old 26th July 2012, 05:57   #25
fizzgig656
Regular poster

rover tourer 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekadett View Post
I'm not far down the road from you (I'm near Sudbury) philt4 is I think the closest chap with the T4 setup and he put the 160 tune in my 75. Still a couple of hours down the road (he's in Olney iirc) but as I needed another key programmed as well it was a two birds, one stone thing. It's also worth plugging into a T4 if there are any features you want enabled or disabled.
There was a Rover Metro featured in PPC a year or two back fitted with a 1.8T and that was running 200 to 210bhp, but that was running an Emerald ecu.
Ok thanks, I actually live in sudbury too, I tend to put ipswich down as there's two Sudburys. Plus I spend most of my life in/based in ipswich for work. Can I ask what "features are enabled or disabled via t4? I cant think what I can change??

Last edited by fizzgig656; 26th July 2012 at 08:29..
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:36   #26
fizzgig656
Regular poster

rover tourer 1.8t

I'm soon travelling to Tamworth, Is there any T4 people or good re-mappers close to here. trouble is ill have the family with me so diverting too far off course might not be possible.

thanks all.

Old 2nd August 2012, 12:50   #27
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

These guys http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=801

Will get you 195 bhp & 260nm torque. At a price though...
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:57   #28
fizzgig656
Regular poster

rover tourer 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzgig656 View Post
I'm soon travelling to Tamworth, Is there any T4 people or good re-mappers close to here. trouble is ill have the family with me so diverting too far off course might not be possible.

thanks all.
or on the way back to suffolk??

Old 2nd August 2012, 13:08   #29
dmacdou1
Avid contributor

currently "sans car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
Yes, more power (approx 8 bhp) but the noticeable difference was smother rev range, throttle response etc. Overtaking is a breeze Best £200 I ever spent on a car.
Im no expert but that, from what i've read about remapping, seems a pretty poor return for a remap on a turbocharged engine, would have expected at least a 10-15% increse in power, or about 16-25 bhp.
dmacdou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 13:10   #30
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
These guys http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=801

Will get you 195 bhp & 260nm torque. At a price though...
Is that about the price of a new engine?

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote