Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th April 2012, 22:35   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Auto box fluid shock

I've just completed the service on my V6 and have the diesel still to do, but I am also changing the auto box fluid on both cars. I last changed the diesel at 60k and used (I think) Castro ATF at that time with no repercussions but this time I'm using the proper stuff.

Anyway after reading that the Landrover Freelander uses the same box I paid a visit to my local Land Rover dealer in Ayr. After bumping into a few well known faces from the past ( I used to work with the local Austin Rover Main Dealer) I got down to business.

Yes Jim we can supply the correct stuff but with a minimum of 12 litres and they would have to order it in, ah very good then just how much will that be to me.

A grand total of £178 and this is not a mis print.

After picking myself up from the floor I then visited the ex Rover dealer in Prestwick where I purchased my V6 just last year and they had the correct stuff in stock but in 5 Litres cartons so I finished up with 2 x 5 litres at a total of £83 16, quite a difference from £178 even it it was for 12 litres.

Here is the auto fluid in question part No VYK00040.

JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 10th April 2012 at 22:38.. Reason: sorry 5 litres not 4 litres
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote