Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th November 2007, 20:21   #1
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Arrow Double Din fascia/bezel available from the US

I have sourced a double din fascia/bezel for use with my Eclipse unit. It is intended for the E46 BMW but can be also used in our cars with some modification. Here are some pics of it in original form:

Its a bit rough on the back but that doesn't matter as it will not be seen.

Here are some pics of a temporary fit with my new Eclipse:

I think you will all agree that it looks great but as previously said will need some work to mount it.

The suppliers site is here is here: http://www.mybimmer.net/

He has agreed to do a group buy of $215 inclusive of postage. He has also said that if enough people want one he will try and do a Rover specific fascia - although that will be kinda difficult as he has no access to one of our cars :lol:.

I would suggest posting your name here if you are interested in buying one and if there is enough interest then it may be worth the guys while to try and make up one specifically for our cars.

If only a small number would like one then I guess its buy it as-is and modify yourself.

Opinions?

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 20:34   #2
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
. He has also said that if enough people want one he will try and do a Rover specific fascia - although that will be kinda difficult as he has no access to one of our cars :lol:.

Could you not send him the front facia off a harmony unit (or Symphony for that matter) which would have the correct profile?

Certainly looks the business though, and getting cheaper everyday as the $ declines.....Well done that man
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 08:14   #3
Arthur Quantize
Loves to post

MY poor Rover is dead...

I rekon if we get enough names then this would be ideal, as long as they're cheap enough! Although it looks great I'm not sure I would pay £100 for a fascia though.
Arthur Quantize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 08:27   #4
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Quantize View Post
Although it looks great I'm not sure I would pay £100 for a fascia though.
This was an issue for me also, but its the only show in town, so to speak.

The only other option is adapt an existing fascia - with the Iovox probably the easier option. But these are almost £60 new and there is no guarantee that the finish will be anywhere near perfect.

Some people have also modified those horrible off-centre fascias but again its a lot of work and the results may not be to everyones liking.

Don't forget that you can always flog the existing fascia that you are removing on eBay - make sure to mark it as rare . Anyone for my Siemens one

Old 9th November 2007, 08:37   #5
Arthur Quantize
Loves to post

MY poor Rover is dead...

True, but my current problem is that I have nothing much left of my ICE install (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...t=11241&page=3) thanks to the last owner - CD changer and Satnav CHOPPED out I'm not sure what the head unit, TV tuner and radio tuner are worth (any ideas?) but it would pay towards a new double din head unit. With £100 for a fascia means I'd be getting a lower spec head unit instead.

Modifying a horrible off-centre fascias is an option but it would be better if we could find a man-who-can to make us a cheaper alternative.

Last edited by Arthur Quantize; 9th November 2007 at 09:09..
Old 9th November 2007, 08:50   #6
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Quantize View Post
Modifying a horrible off-centre fascias is an option but it would be better if we could find a man-who-can to make us a cheaper alternative.
I may know just the person - don't know him personally, but I frequent and Car PC forum where building in a 7" screen into a double din space is "the norm". There is a chap there who does things to order - don't know his prices but his work looks good (he is UK based).

I will need to dig to find links to him, but will post here when I do.

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 09:11   #7
Arthur Quantize
Loves to post

MY poor Rover is dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I may know just the person - don't know him personally, but I frequent and Car PC forum where building in a 7" screen into a double din space is "the norm". There is a chap there who does things to order - don't know his prices but his work looks good (he is UK based).

I will need to dig to find links to him, but will post here when I do.
Excellent! We may have a willing candidate to donate an Iovox fascia as a template

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...?t=5009&page=2
Old 9th November 2007, 13:34   #8
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Why not take a plaster cast or some sort of rubber/resin cast of the double din facia and then make one out of resin or fibreglass and spraying it matt black?
Obviously you need one in the first place but its a possiblity
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 14:28   #9
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
Why not take a plaster cast or some sort of rubber/resin cast of the double din facia and then make one out of resin or fibreglass and spraying it matt black?
If it were that easy were would all make our own

Seriously, though, I think it is well beyond the capabilities of most people to make a fascia that will be good enough to put into our cars. I have been looking for ages for something and while this fascia costs £100 or there abouts, it seems to be the only thing readily available

I know some people have been successful with adapting existing fascias but those guys should probably have their own show on Discovery channel :lol:

Old 10th November 2007, 09:33   #10
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
He has agreed to do a group buy of $215 inclusive of postage. He has also said that if enough people want one he will try and do a Rover specific fascia - although that will be kinda difficult as he has no access to one of our cars :lol:.

I would suggest posting your name here if you are interested in buying one and if there is enough interest then it may be worth the guys while to try and make up one specifically for our cars.

If only a small number would like one then I guess its buy it as-is and modify yourself.

Opinions?
I tried to do this a while back (set up a group buy from this chap) - but didn't get too far unfortunately. But I am certainly still interested in getting a fascia panel! Ideally, I'd like to have one specifically for our car, but the E46 panel is certainly good enough

So getting the list started:

Rob Bell
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote