Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th June 2013, 21:37   #1
Silvervixen
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Whitehaven festival

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Hi everyone
Next weekend is the Whitehaven festival...centred around the history of Whitehaven harbour. Its a brillant weekend starting on friday afternoon and finishing on sunday teatime. I have been informed by my cousin who runs many classic cars that there are places available should anyone from our club wish to attend just to show their car off. Go to www.richardsonsofwhitehaven.co.uk/whitehaven-festival or google the whitehaven festival‎ to find out all attractions acts and events over the weekend, including Sundays air show including the Red Arrows, the events in the harbour including visits from the tall ships. and much more culminating in a fireworks display on Saturday evening. If you want to attend and be able to show your car of too, let me know by Wednesday so I can make sure you have a place in the market place close to all the events.

Please be aware that this event is not part of the festival itself. It is independantly run, however there is very little available parking for the festival most is park and ride. So if you book a place to show your car then you will be ideally situated for the festivals events.

I will start a list of those of who may wish to attend and I will place this thread in other regions. Message Bluejon or myself to add your name.

1 Silvervixen
2 Bluejon

kind regards

Silvervixen
Old 17th June 2013, 14:26   #2
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Is this the Maritime Festival?
Last one I went to was in 2000 I think. We had a flyover from the Lancaster and two Spitfire aircraft.
I was sat on the Parton cliff top where the Sea King was doing rides and the sound was amazing.

I have a visit planned but may bring it forward as the kids will love it.

Last edited by Canonite; 17th June 2013 at 14:34..
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 00:27   #3
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Is this the Maritime Festival?
Last one I went to was in 2000 I think. We had a flyover from the Lancaster and two Spitfire aircraft.
I was sat on the Parton cliff top where the Sea King was doing rides and the sound was amazing.

I have a visit planned but may bring it forward as the kids will love it.
Hi Alan,

More or less the same,just a slight difference in the naming,when it was the Maritime Festival,it was a bi-annual event,now held annually.

This years event is advertised as the best one so far eg;

4 Tall ships moored in the harbour

Royal Navy Vessels,military aircraft in attendance

The Red arrows display Sunday Afternoon

Food stalls, New Car dealer stands, fun fairs for the kids,the Workington Lifeboat is usually there,giving rides around the harbour,also Titan,the World famous Robot & much more.

Entertainment,Pre-booking is required,although probably all booked up now,but only play in a fenced off car park adjacent to Harbour can be heard around the harbour,this year we have performing;

McFly
Les McKeown's Bay City Rollers
Alvin Stardust

On Friday Evening around 22-30 - 22-45,a huge firework display.

The classic car event is a small local affair arranged by local enthusiasts,this year have the use for Saturday & Sunday of the Market Square,adjacent to the Harbour.

As stated in Jan's original post there is usually no private car parking around the harbour area during the Festival,however,anyone taking part in the classic car event,incidently,this is an event apart from the Festival,may make use of the parking in the market area,whilst taking in the the facilities of the Festival.

If you or any of your Yorkie Colleagues are interested in taking part could you let Jan or I know in the Cumbria Section,by Wed at latest,so we can let them know who maybe attending.

As a footnote,we have been advised,for anyone attending either Sat,Sun or both,could cars be on the Market Square for 09-00 each or either day,

Just Leaves Jan & I to say,many thanks to for your possible interest with this & look forward to possibly seeing you over the weekend.

Very Best Regards.

Jan & John.