Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th November 2010, 21:07   #1
ChuffinEck
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE with LPG

Default A1 Clutches...Compliments & Concerns

Hi All
again a big thanks to all who advised me to use A1 Clutches at Tipton. I had the clutch etc done today, it took 3.5 hours and cost £343.00.
I was very happy with the above......However....on picking the vehicle up I noticed some very harsh scuffing to the rear bumper...it stands out like a sore thumb and I noticed from 15-20 foot away. I know for sure it was'nt there when the car was dropped off thats how obvious it is...I didnt bother pointing this out as I figured how am I going to prove it, so now I am left with an expensive spray job, this spoiled an otherwise pleasant experience....so I would strongly suggest any members using A1 to have them check your car on arrival to agree any body damage prior to them repairing your car. I will be returning to A1 as per the warranty conditions on the clutch, but I will be asking them to check car bodywork before it going into the workshop....so I would like to leave positive feedback for A1 but in this instance...neutral is best
ChuffinEck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 08:11   #2
tvpcop
Loves to post

MG ZT CDTI 135+

I would have pointed it out whilst i was there, once you've taken it away you have no recourse. The manager seemed pretty reasonable when i was there and with their throughput accidents must happen.

Oh well atleast you have a nice new clutch!
tvpcop is offline   Reply With Quote