Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th December 2006, 09:58   #1
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Default Plenum checked out OK -a couple of handy hints

I checked out the plenum drain today. After the storms of the last couple of weeks I wanted to make sure all was OK, which it was

Anyway, those pesky plenum clips under the windscreen have met their match. Having read so much about how they tend to spring out and disappear for ever I tried a different tack.

I stuck a short piece of insulation tape horizontally across each clip and the plenum before prising it up with a flat screwdriver. The tape stopped them flying off and having completed the job I still have a full set

The how to on the club site says to remove just the two n/s clips but I would advise taking a third off also. This is because for me the third popped off into the ether as I was removing the drain cover Fortunately it pinged across the engine bay and landed on top of the radiator so was recoverable.

Job took 15 minutes as the drain point was completely clear, as were the side drains that I checked at the same time.

hth

Mike