Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd November 2011, 17:12   #1
ajhflyer
Regular poster

MG ZTT

Default ZTT suspension top mount

just collected my ZTT 135 CDTi after annual service. I asked for uneven tyre wear on OSF to be investigated. The inner edge was nearly bald. NSF tyre of same age has 10k of life left. After investigation it seems that the suspension top mount had some play outside tolerence allowing the camber angle to change leading to premature tyre wear. Both sides replaced and new tyres. I only noticed the excess wear when the car was left on full lock and the inner edge was visable,a lesson there.
My car is 11/03 with 80k and is driven sympathetically I think so I am slightly surprised at the need to replace the suspension top mount. Any one else had similar work done?
ajhflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:05   #2
tvpcop
Loves to post

MG ZT CDTI 135+

Yep, mine failed after about 90k, very common failure on these cars unfortunately......they are pretty easy and cheap to replace though
MG ZT CDTI+ 135 Drivers Intel pack, spec: full heated leather, parking sensors, auto dip mirror, traffic master, xenons, harmon kardon system, kenwood mp3, bluetooth, refurbed gridspokes, Decat Longlife Stainless exhaust, 190 brake conversion, Synergy2 + Pierburg, intake mod, FK-452's, Jules gold resistor

To-do, Leon splitter, have drivers seat re-upholstered to repair rip.............the list never ends!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tvpcop is offline   Reply With Quote