Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th June 2017, 21:58   #11
Alex30013k
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Conn Se

hello

I have seen a 75 on the facebook group that has had a 3 button bmw key coded to the bcu, so the car unlocks etc,

so gave me an idea so I brought a replacement 3 button bmw flip key with electronics inside. it come with the code that I added using toaf, but the pop up box that says please synchronize key didn't pop up. no matter how many times I tried, The code of the new key in stored on the bcu but buttons don't work. am I hoping for something that is never gonna work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The other chips fits into place inside the key so that's not a problem.
Alex30013k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2024, 20:00   #12
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Just saw this by chance while testing T-Cut's excellent post in the General Forum about ways to search the site. If you are still around and still have the BMW key to configure for a Rover 75 then I suspect that it will need new barcodes generated for the Rover 75 - the codes supplied will have been generated for use with a BMW. The codes are generated from the number on a sticker (If present) on the PCB inside the fob and the correct prefix must be used with that number. For a Rover 75 the correct prefix to use is N whereas for a BMW the prefix X will have been used.

I have not used TOAF so not sure what it requires to configure a Key's remote function. If it requires bar codes to be inputted then what I've posted above will be relevant. Maybe someone experienced with TOAF could confirm.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2024, 10:17   #13
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

TOAF will insert another PCB serial code into the BCU via the OLD post from Brian.

Of if you need a Barcode there is an small Excel file on the web that can convert your PCB serial into a Numerical code.

or hopefully get it from my google drive ??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f=true&sd=true

Just about to this on my ZT with a 2nd hand PCB as yhejr original PCB has died after many years, although may re-wite the BCU with the original codes to start with just in case the BCU is corrupted somehow ?

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 20th April 2024 at 10:21..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote