Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th July 2017, 17:44   #71
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

One thing I do find is quite awkward on porch awnings, is knocking in the peg directly below the vertical sides, where it needs to be under the van, to get the vertical edge taught.

I have been trying to find an easier way to do it and the best I could come up with is a guy rope tied where the peg is intended to go (on the ladder), guy rope long enough to peg it at the far side of the van.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 19:35   #72
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1958 View Post
As Harry said they slide in the awning rail like a traditional awning, you then just peg the vertical nearest the van, then inflate and it all pops up into shape, the stirrup pump you get with them does it in a few minutes (all newer ones have cross linked air beams so you only inflate from one point, you can isolate sections with valves in case of punctures etc) once its inflated you just peg it out round the bottom, then peg out the guy ropes ... The sides can have poles to keep them close to the van or the Kampa ones have a limpet suction system you can use that stick to smooth sided vans ... All in all been very impressed with ours ...

So much so we just purchased the smaller 200 for short weekend stays ...
Thanks, definitely something to look at for future I think. They included a new Kampa rally 330 with our caravan, the 390 would've cut across the front side window, I'll have to keep an eye out for a decent 2nd hand 1 on Ebay or similar, new 1's are out of my price range.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 19:49   #73
sn1958
Regular poster

MGZTT 190SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Thanks, definitely something to look at for future I think. They included a new Kampa rally 330 with our caravan, the 390 would've cut across the front side window, I'll have to keep an eye out for a decent 2nd hand 1 on Ebay or similar, new 1's are out of my price range.
Well worth getting on some of the Facebook caravan pages some good bargains come up for sale used, we have picked a good few bits and pieces up this way to help us get kitted out.
sn1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 19:23   #74
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Hadn't given Facebook groups a thought! I'm on plenty for everything else so should've thought of it really. I'll see I can find some, thanks.
Old 13th July 2017, 20:36   #75
sn1958
Regular poster

MGZTT 190SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Hadn't given Facebook groups a thought! I'm on plenty for everything else so should've thought of it really. I'll see I can find some, thanks.

Touring Caravans and Accessories for sale is a good one .. I am also on the Swift Owners page and that has a sale group ... There is groups for most manufacturers caravans and they seem to have sale sections ... I am also on Caravanners UK which is another good group ..

The missus thought I was bad for buying car parts, I am just getting started on stuff for the caravan ... Yesterdays find was a Cadac BBQ ...
sn1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2017, 17:15   #76
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Thanks, joined the sales group you suggested, and found an Elddis group.