Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th September 2016, 08:22   #1
Peter Garton
Regular poster

Rover75

Default cooler fan running consistantly in summer

I'm aware that the cooler fan problem has reoccured several times and wanted to add our experience too.
In the summer months our average temps. here in Germany (Koblenz area) are roughly 24-28°C most of the time reaching 30°+ now and again.
The Rover 75 fan tends to work overtime together with the aircon. on our diesel version.
In winter the fan is coming and going depending on how cold it is outside. 13-15°C is the fan cut in temp. roughly.
We've had the function of the fan etc. checked and all is well, apparently, but the fan is really quite loud and seems to be on most of the time in summer.
Nothing unusual to report - coolant ok, no loss and no airleaks etc.
As has been mentioned by experimenting with the heating to max., we can get the fan to switch off but makes no sense in summer of course!!
I suppose we have to mention that the car is coming of age; 16 years old now and rusting away underneath.
Peter Garton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 08:38   #2
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Garton View Post
I'm aware that the cooler fan problem has reoccured several times and wanted to add our experience too.
In the summer months our average temps. here in Germany (Koblenz area) are roughly 24-28°C most of the time reaching 30°+ now and again.
The Rover 75 fan tends to work overtime together with the aircon. on our diesel version.
In winter the fan is coming and going depending on how cold it is outside. 13-15°C is the fan cut in temp. roughly.
We've had the function of the fan etc. checked and all is well, apparently, but the fan is really quite loud and seems to be on most of the time in summer.
Nothing unusual to report - coolant ok, no loss and no airleaks etc.
As has been mentioned by experimenting with the heating to max., we can get the fan to switch off but makes no sense in summer of course!!
I suppose we have to mention that the car is coming of age; 16 years old now and rusting away underneath.
Hi.
When you have the air conditioning on the fan will run continuously, as the outside temperature dips and dependent on what you have the ATC temperature set too it will sometimes stop the fan running.
I'd say everything is OK on your car and if the fan running is a problem switch the ATC to Econ then the fan will go off unless there is a fault elsewhere.
Old 25th September 2016, 11:57   #3
Peter Garton
Regular poster

Rover75

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
When you have the air conditioning on the fan will run continuously, as the outside temperature dips and dependent on what you have the ATC temperature set too it will sometimes stop the fan running.
I'd say everything is OK on your car and if the fan running is a problem switch the ATC to Econ then the fan will go off unless there is a fault elsewhere.
Ah lovely, Murphy, and has put my very active mind at rest!!.
Currently we have around 27°C in the shade and I got the Rover out of the garage and the fan was running straight away even though the engine was cold i.e. 15-16°C roughly, I would imagine, but as you say, the aircon was on at 21°C.
Peter Garton is offline   Reply With Quote