Notices

Old 23rd May 2014, 16:28   #11
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I have just worked out why they call them mobile, some only work if you keep moving when they are in use. There are some builders, building an a large extension on the house opposite. Every time his phone rings, he starts strutting back and forth aimlessly whilst he speaks on it.

I have one of the upmarket ones, which work fine even if you keep still whilst speaking on it
Thank the Lord it's not just me - I tend to walk upstairs, out into the back garden - I've even been known to open the garage door so I can have a mooch in there - whilst answering a phone call

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:29   #12
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Thank the Lord it's not just me - I tend to walk upstairs, out into the back garden - I've even been known to open the garage door so I can have a mooch in there - whilst answering a phone call
Psychologists would say you are not interested in the conversation...
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:02   #13
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Thanks a lot Bill that was very interesting given rhodesia as was was formally a british possesion just thought the legal system would be similar. I dont think you get fingerprints taken if you just hjelping with inquiries here I believe you have to be formally charged for that to happenm I expect you have the odd copper or two amongst the members who can put us right
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:05   #14
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Thanks a lot Bill that was very interesting given rhodesia as was was formally a british possesion just thought the legal system would be similar. I dont think you get fingerprints taken if you just hjelping with inquiries here I believe you have to be formally charged for that to happenm I expect you have the odd copper or two amongst the members who can put us right
Possession would infer ownership, I don't think we ever actually owned it, more invaded, bullied killed and stole... good old Mr Rhodes eh... makes me proud to be British.
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:34   #15
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
You are very welcome.... At the time it was a very big part of my life - if not all of it - and all consuming, so I can go on a bit and for that I apologise...

As far as I know if you are questioned 'Under Caution', basically meaning arrested but not charged, fingerprints, photograph and DNA samples are taken as a matter of course. So although you are not formally charged, you are 'On Record' as being arrested.... But apparently you can legally request that the DNA Sample be destroyed, which they are obliged to do.

But as you say, maybe someone here knows more than I.
Old 24th May 2014, 08:06   #16
Woof25
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Possession would infer ownership, I don't think we ever actually owned it, more invaded, bullied killed and stole... good old Mr Rhodes eh... makes me proud to be British.
I agree no one owns the earth but when I an smith declared unilateral independence from the united kingdom one must assume we were the governing power. My query was meant for mangoman who has personal experience of the legal system prevalent there. And in regards to politicians isn't Mugabe a good example of someone who promised everything and has gone on to destroy one of the richest countries in Africa,so those who cheered at the local election results should reflect on history and wonder if we have created another man with more than a field marshals baton in his pack.
Old 24th May 2014, 08:15   #17
Woof25
Passed Away

PS I am English in the best sense not British, my place of birth was in Devon a county of England beaucrats should stop trying to jam us all into one size fits all categories. Anyway if the people of Scotland vote to leave the union of 1705 we would have to rename what was left and create a new flag which just might acknowledge Wales as a country in its own right, as a certain Chinese philosopher said ' May you live in interesting times'
Old 24th May 2014, 08:57   #18
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
I agree no one owns the earth but when I an smith declared unilateral independence from the united kingdom one must assume we were the governing power. My query was meant for mangoman who has personal experience of the legal system prevalent there. And in regards to politicians isn't Mugabe a good example of someone who promised everything and has gone on to destroy one of the richest countries in Africa,so those who cheered at the local election results should reflect on history and wonder if we have created another man with more than a field marshals baton in his pack.
As far as 'Uncle Bob', as he was fondly known, I lived under his rule for 19 years and to be honest up until 1999 it wasn't too bad, just as long as you kept you nose clean I felt more 'Free' than I've ever felt here sadly - common sense prevailed and you had to do something really bad to break the law, whereas here I'm sure we all most probably break some wildly thought up law every day! Not to mention being constantly monitored....

But unfortunately he lost the plot somewhere along the line, either through his own now crazy sick mind, or by the wishes of others in power close to him. It is truly saddening to see. And rightly or wrongly for us who lived there from when we were children, and were willing to pay the ultimate price for what we wanted to preserve for all peoples there, and then to lose it would be akin to Germany taking Britain in 1940 - and NEVER getting it back - only to see millions starve, or be butchered, and more surprisingly ignored by the rest of the world. Forever lost...