Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2012, 23:04   #1
efreeti
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDT 130+ (04) & 75 Tourer CDT Auto (52) & a 1998 MGF (with HGF!)

Default 52 plate - Rover 75 Auto Tourer CDT - Only £950 *NLA*

For sale, my Rover 75 Conno Tourer....

Original Specs
White Gold
52 plate
154k miles (roughly - need to check!)
CDT 2.0
Automatic
Cruise Control
Smokestone Leather interior
Electric & Heated seats
Chrome Bullet Wing Mirrors
Alloys - Union i think
Fuel Burning Heater
Spare wheel and full tool kit still in tray

Retrofits
Air Intake Mod
Xpower upgrade to 130 bhp - by Big Russ
EGR Bypass
Real Walnut Dash
Walnut Gear Knob
Walnut Handbrake
Black steering wheel with vibration dampener
Auto dip rear view mirror
Trip Computer - programmed by Big Russ
Jules viton rings fitted
Secondary thermostat fitted

Condition

External - reasonable for the age - bit of a scrape on rear bumper and a few small scratches but nothing significant. Looks nice a shiny. Bit of kerbing on the the alloys

Internal - pretty good - seats fine and not showing too much wear - seat pockets on the back have suffered a bit from kids feet - carpets ok - dash cleans up well - no significant damage or marks to carpet or linings - boot carpet has some marks

Mechanical - good service history and plenty of receipts for work done. Full sets of pads and disks in last 12 months, recent new alternator, recent under bonnet and in tank fuel pump replaced by me. Full set of matching event Tyres which I find to be very good and hard wearing, loads of tread left. PCV done in last 18 months as well. I'll fill in some more details and dates on request but don't have time to dig through history at the moment.

Good bits -

MOT until March or April (need to check) - Tax to end December - Goes like the clappers, good fuel economy, nice comfy ride, never let me down, never had any starting issues, no reason to suspect it won't just carry on forever. Fully specced car with all the extras and plenty of nice walnut. I've had 4 rover 75s now and this is without doubt the best one i have driven in terms of power, comfort and reliability.

Bad bits -

There is a bit of a drippy leak into the boot through the rear glass/brake light - probably easy to sort but don't have time.

Rear windscreen wiper doesn't work - it's unplugged at the moment. I investigated the issue when i first bought the car. Metered the wires out and there seemed to be voltage sometimes but not others. T4 shows a fault on it as well. Never got around to investigating further but assumed it was a dodgy connection into BCU - I only just remembered it isn't working. Can't say it has ever bothered me enough to do anything about it!

Brake light warning indicator is always on. I told the garage to fit an indicator cable when they put a new set of brakes on. They ignored me. Brakes are fine, just no sensor cable in there.

I've just removed my Radio Guy DD unit and fitted it to the new car. Can't find the old Symphony unit i had originally so I'll have to just fit the after market stereo that I've just taken out of the new car... if that makes sense. If I find the original one, i'll put it back in but best to assume that won't happen.

No load cover.

Conclusion / Reason for sale

You might have guessed, I've just bought at ZT-T and can't convince my other half to get rid of her Punto so unfortunately I need to get rid. It's a great car and good value for someone, easier if it sells quickly as it will save me having to SORN it and make it easier for you to drive away.

I'd like £950 for it please for a quick sale before Xmas. No offers, no part exchanges, no swaps. I'll leave all the modifications in place for that price which are probably worth half that by themselves!

It's worth more than that and I'd rather just keep it as a spare and SORN it than let it go for any less. I was offered £1500 part exchange when I bought the ZT-T but couldn't take them up on the offer purely due to logistics and timings of making the swap happen.

Photos to follow as soon as I get 10 minutes spare and a bit of daylight!

Here are some quick iPhone photos for those asking.

http://s1324.beta.photobucket.com/us...d%20Rover%2075

Thanks, Jim

Replace in tank fuel pump with Peugeot alternative
Dismantle and re-fit interior and seats
Retrofit electric memory seats without the loom
All followed at your own risk!

Available to borrow: I have a home made (tried and tested) Cam Locking tool for M47 should anyone need it.

Last edited by efreeti; 29th December 2012 at 09:35.. Reason: added a biut more description and some photos
efreeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 23:26   #2
cargocar
Gets stuck in

rover 75 tourer auto 2001

Well i paid £750 for my autotorer in june and spent quite a bit on a wing, 2 doors, rear discs etc, yours looks far better value. Your tailgate leak is from the brakelight wires in the glass, the water collects in the brakelight cover and spills out when the tailgate is lifted- a very easy fix.
cargocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 07:21   #3
Kiltman
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

I can vouch for this car, after all I used to own it! Glad it's given good service Jim! I'm almost tempted to have her back!
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 13:51   #4
efreeti
Gets stuck in

Photo link added. Not great as from iPhone but all I can manage at the moment.

Available to borrow: I have a home made (tried and tested) Cam Locking tool for M47 should anyone need it.
Old 8th December 2012, 14:29   #5
Kiltman
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

I'm all nostalgic now!
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 16:59   #6
efreeti
Gets stuck in

It's been a great car Charles. Sorted the oil pressure problem and gave it a really good service and it came back to life.

I put the two fuel pumps on it not long after buying it from you and unfortunately the alternator died a death, probably due to the oil spilling into it. That was about 20 thousand miles ago now though and it hasn't missed a beat since.

Also fitted the inline thermostat which I would recommend. Def saw a decrease in fuel consumption. Haven't noticed a difference in fuel economy between this and any of the manuals I've owned in the past.

Only reason I'm selling is because I've wanted a ZT-T for years and one came up at the right price and the right colour whilst I happened to have some cash in my pocket. If it doesn't sell before the tax runs out I probably will just SORN it and store it at my Dad's house as it doesn't owe me any money and still hoping Julie might come to her senses and let me get rid of her Punto instead!

Old 8th December 2012, 20:32   #7
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts
Default Graham the Model Man

Jim, Graham the Model Man came to a recent meet at The Frog and Wicket. He brought a friend along Ian or Colin who is looking for Auto Tourer CDT. I gave him my e=mail address but he has not contacted me. I am hoping Reebs reads this and can contact Graham who does not have a computer and advise him to contact his friend about your vehicle.

PeterH.
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 00:42   #8
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisop48 View Post
Jim, Graham the Model Man came to a recent meet at The Frog and Wicket. He brought a friend along Ian or Colin who is looking for Auto Tourer CDT. I gave him my e=mail address but he has not contacted me. I am hoping Reebs reads this and can contact Graham who does not have a computer and advise him to contact his friend about your vehicle.

PeterH.
I have PM'd Reebs to view this thread :xmas-smiley-029:

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 06:01   #9
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Peter I will text Graham for you. Jim I notice that the interior drivers door handle pull is missing from your photos, will that be sorted for the sale in case he asks?
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 11:00   #10
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Graham (The Model Man) has told me he will let his friend who is after a tourer know about the listing here. :xmas-smiley-013:
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote