Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th April 2024, 05:44   #11
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

It is so difficult dealing with insurance companies as they all seem to take the modern stance of "scrap it". So frustrating when you have a vehicle that you cherish as opposed to having a vehicle. I am glad that you at least have the confirmation of genuine participants.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2024, 07:25   #12
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

I'm a bit lost.

Closed the claim? How, exactly? What is their decision? Have they written if off? Or have they somehow moved that decision to Axilis? And if they have, where in their contract with you does it say that they can?

And precisely what legal power/authority do Axilis have? And who agreed to that? You? Pile of fraudsters the lot of them.

Sounds like a pile of muck that sadly you might have to wade through.

Hope it all turns out OK relatively easily and quickly.

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2024, 07:41   #13
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Have a look on Trustpilot for Auxilis reviews.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2024, 09:59   #14
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
I'm a bit lost.

Closed the claim? How, exactly? What is their decision? Have they written if off? Or have they somehow moved that decision to Axilis? And if they have, where in their contract with you does it say that they can?

And precisely what legal power/authority do Axilis have? And who agreed to that? You? Pile of fraudsters the lot of them.

Sounds like a pile of muck that sadly you might have to wade through.

Hope it all turns out OK relatively easily and quickly.

Andy.
Thanks for your help Andy.
Admiral in the first instance passed us onto Auxilis as their approved repairer to deal with sorting it out. At that point because liability was by van driver they said any cost would go straight from Auxilis to Hastings. And from their point of view no further action was needed and having been notified of an incident, the claim was closed. They said any time we wished we can reopen it to pursue another option of sorting the problem, which i believe is a claim off our insurance and then they recover it from the van drivers.

Auxilis yesterday said no to repairing it, end of vehicle's life claim as uneconomical to repair.
So the next step is to go back to Admiral and try to speak to a proper claims advisor about the options. Which will hopefully be today.

My wife is off work because her back is now sore, and is a bit fed up with it all....

We're being contacted again by Nationwide accident (3rd party company) about the car hire and what they could do later this afternoon, hopefully I've finished work by then and I can hear the call too, as my wife is getting a bit unsure about everything.

I've come to the decision a hire car is not needed, the 75 albeit with a slightly bent tailgate, is drivable and otherwise in good nick, very recently serviced, brand new tyres etc. This will remove the issue of having to potentially be liable for hire costs from Enterprise rental. We've got another car to use so it's not critical. I believe this hire car is separate to a courtesy car that maybe offered if any repair actually happens.

Certainly a wade through....

Last edited by Andy_with_a_screwdriver; 25th April 2024 at 10:03..
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2024, 14:43   #15
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

It bugs me why value should come into it if an 'at fault' 3rd party damages your vehicle, they should foot the bill to repair it ,if it can be done, and if that's what the owner wants.
For me, value only comes into it when its your own car that gets damaged, you expect your insurer to have to fork out whatever the cost if you cause someone else damage.
For me, it's put my car back to the condition it was in before you damaged it please.

I know it doesn't work that way! Good luck with getting the best outcome.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2024, 16:18   #16
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Hope all goes well andy deal with there other insurer but make them assure you not to write it off i had the same with grovey just dont let them take it away it might be a bit of hassle but take a cash settlement and keep the car and repair it yourself
Old 25th April 2024, 17:45   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver View Post
Thanks for your help Andy.
Admiral in the first instance passed us onto Auxilis as their approved repairer to deal with sorting it out. At that point because liability was by van driver they said any cost would go straight from Auxilis to Hastings. And from their point of view no further action was needed and having been notified of an incident, the claim was closed. They said any time we wished we can reopen it to pursue another option of sorting the problem, which i believe is a claim off our insurance and then they recover it from the van drivers.

Auxilis yesterday said no to repairing it, end of vehicle's life claim as uneconomical to repair.
So the next step is to go back to Admiral and try to speak to a proper claims advisor about the options. Which will hopefully be today.

My wife is off work because her back is now sore, and is a bit fed up with it all....

We're being contacted again by Nationwide accident (3rd party company) about the car hire and what they could do later this afternoon, hopefully I've finished work by then and I can hear the call too, as my wife is getting a bit unsure about everything.

I've come to the decision a hire car is not needed, the 75 albeit with a slightly bent tailgate, is drivable and otherwise in good nick, very recently serviced, brand new tyres etc. This will remove the issue of having to potentially be liable for hire costs from Enterprise rental. We've got another car to use so it's not critical. I believe this hire car is separate to a courtesy car that maybe offered if any repair actually happens.

Certainly a wade through....

Have you a breakdown of parts that need replacing and not just damaged but fine to continue to use or have they just taken one look at the car and written it off?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2024, 17:52   #18
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

Absolutely do NOT let anyone take the car away. It will "vanish" and then the only "discussion" shall be about money.

Sounds like Admiral have decided that it's definitely a 3rd party 100% liability so are not interested in putting any time or effort into it. This is probably a great result for you.

Be prepared to have an "interesting" discussion with Hastings or whoever they have appointed about the "value" of the car. Get as much info as you can (Reebs pulled an ace out of the pack for the history of mine ) look at actual sale prices etc. etc and I sure you've got a shed load of history/invoices etc. to back up your value.

All the best with it.

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 25th April 2024 at 17:57..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2024, 06:15   #19
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Have you a breakdown of parts that need replacing and not just damaged but fine to continue to use or have they just taken one look at the car and written it off?

macafee2

If you read Andy's post and the thread you will see that they have not looked at it and won't

Unfortunate for those that care about there older Cars the fact is from an insurance company point of view even if parts were available new a bumper £300, paint £300 labour £300 and that's if just a bumper far easier to just out quickly and avoiding hire car charges
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2024, 06:15   #20
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2

If you read Andy's post and the thread you will see that they have not looked at it and won't

Unfortunate for those that care about there older Cars the fact is from an insurance company point of view even if parts were available new a bumper £300, paint £300 labour £300 and that's if just a bumper far easier to just pay out quickly and avoiding hire car charges
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote