Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th April 2024, 11:33   #1
TeeCeeColley

Rover75 Saloon

Default Transponder Programming in Sydney with Tango or EWS Editor Lite?

I only have one key for my 2002 Rover 75 2.5l V6 Connoisseur SE so would like a backup for peace of mind.

Keys are readily available. Getting it cut is no problem and linking the remote to the BCU is straightforward thanks to TOAF.

I have an AK90 having previously used it successfully on BMWs to assign a new key number and program the transponder.

AK90 will read the BIN file from the Rover EWS chip but, as seems to be common knowledge, the BIN file used in the Rover75/MG ZT is slightly different to the BMW format and is not recognised by the AK90 software resulting in the 'EWS data is error' message. As a consequence the program will not proceed to the Key Number Assignment Window and the new transponder chip is not able to be written.

Scouring the forum, in particular the very informative posts from genpk, Mike Noc, Big Russ and marinabrian, it seems the way forward is to use a key programmer such as EWS Editor Lite. This would allow me to dump the BIN file into it, select an unused key number and then write the new transponder chip.

I don't want to buy another key programmer for a one time use but can't find an auto key locksmith in Sydney that even knows what I'm talking about.

My question is this. Is there an Australian (preferably Sydney) forum member with EWS Editor Lite willing to help or does anyone know a reasonably priced Sydney based auto key locksmith who may be able to help

Last edited by TeeCeeColley; 1st May 2024 at 03:05..
TeeCeeColley is offline   Reply With Quote