Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th June 2009, 21:40   #1
ferryjambo
Regular poster

rover 75 club cdt se

Default Cd Changer Wiring Help

Hi all,

Hope some of you audio experts can help me out with this query.

I have an alpine (XQE 105560) changer & i want to cut off the multiplug then re-connect it to a wiring loom (audi-vw) that in turn runs via a blue iso plug into the back of my audi navigation plus radio/sat nav unit that i have previously installed into my 75..

What i need is help as to what the 8 wires coming out of the alpine unit correspond too, ie live, earth, speakers & control wire etc... I've tried searching the forum for the info, but my head is swimming with all the different units & wire info that i read.. (im old)...

Please make an old guy happy & get his cd changer up & running again..

Many thanks

ferryjambo
ferryjambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 20:21   #2
ferryjambo
Regular poster

rover 75 club cdt se

Anyone Please ??..
Old 17th June 2009, 20:39   #3
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

The blue plug (mini Iso) that goes to the changer is numbered

pin number 14 is right front +
pin number 17 is right front -

pin number 19 is K bus connection

pin number 13 left front +
pin number 16 left front -

pin number 15 neg
pin number 7 pos

It is here with the colours as well

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...92&postcount=1

HTH

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 21:35   #4
Duotone
This is my second home

Is this of any help..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 21:43   #5
ferryjambo
Regular poster

rover 75 club cdt se

thanks, unfortunately the wire colours in the quide don't correspond with the wires on the plug end alpine cd changer ??

i have

White.
black.
yellow.
brown.
red.
green.
blue/ with what looks like silver earth wire coming out of the cd changer cable going into it, i suppose this is the player earth ??, then a darker blue/violet coloured wire.

I need to know what these wires mean as in live, earth, control & the speaker wires, then i can splice them onto the cable with the blue iso plug that run out of the sat nav down to the glovebox changer..
I know what the wires on the blue iso socket are, but the 8 wires on the alpine are the problem..

thanks again though for the help, any ideas/ suggestions would great great on the alpine wires..

thanks
ferryjambo
Old 17th June 2009, 22:46   #6
hans.schaaper
Avid contributor

rover 75 2.5 V6 auto

Default Cdc Xqe105560

Alpine CDC XQE105560 wire colors:

pin1 Audio Right+ = red
pin2 Audio Right- = green
pin5 I(K)bus = brown
pin6 Audio Left+ = white
pin7 Audio Left- = blue
pin8 Ground = black
pin10 +12V = yellow

Hans
hans.schaaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 19:40   #7
ferryjambo
Regular poster

rover 75 club cdt se

Default Thanks

thanks everyone,
i tried splicing the wires using hans instructions, the unit powers up & cycles the cd's ok, but my screens says "No Cd changer"... I was carefull to connect the kbus/control wires correctly between the changer & sat nav but it does'nt see/speak to it ??..

Here's my unit..

and the back showing the wiring diagram..

as you can see from the 3rd image i thought pin 17 (control) on the blue iso plug was the kbus.. I think i should have connected the kbus wire from the alpine onto the Nos.3 pin of the bottom iso marked ( K. Line ).. I'll try this tomorrow & see if this enables the changer & sat nav unit to "talk" to each other...
Old 13th February 2013, 13:18   #8
jimuk

rover 75

Default Alpine CHM-S630 Car CD Changer help.

hi sorry im new to this site,i have the ablve changer,a harmony,radio/tape but when i had the car it had wiring into the boot for a sony 10 cd changer,im used to the glovebox alpine so i brought 1,were would the wires for rge alpine be if any,and the sony,ive releced the board from under glovebox but cant see ive took radio out there are 2 little oblong connectors to put somthing into,but i cant find were to get a lead to go from the radio to the glovebox,ive looked on web,anyone help please,ive got a rover 75,w reg,thankyou,jim
jimuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 15:42   #9
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimuk View Post
hi sorry im new to this site,i have the ablve changer,a harmony,radio/tape but when i had the car it had wiring into the boot for a sony 10 cd changer,im used to the glovebox alpine so i brought 1,were would the wires for rge alpine be if any,and the sony,ive releced the board from under glovebox but cant see ive took radio out there are 2 little oblong connectors to put somthing into,but i cant find were to get a lead to go from the radio to the glovebox,ive looked on web,anyone help please,ive got a rover 75,w reg,thankyou,jim
To connect the Harmony to the cd player, you need [this] lead, or try
here part no is VUL100310
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:26   #10
RoverRick

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimuk View Post
Hello David, I've got all the bits to upgrade my harmony to a symphony and have traveled the forum for a few days now, I reckon I'm good to give the wire splicing a go to the standard BMW to iso adapter I bought for a fiver adding in steering wheel controls BUT in all the posts the advice is to connect the k bus from the blue plug into the k bus pin on the BMW connector pin 7 I think...adding in a cd player I only have tails from the blue plug and a harmony cd loom, with only one k bus coming out of the blue mini ISO and needing to splice into the BMW connector, how can I wire the k bus into the cd as well loom pls? One k bus wire but two locations to feed it too??!
Rick
RoverRick is offline   Reply With Quote