Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2007, 23:23   #1
stewron

MG ZT

Default BM24 and v29.1 - is it me?

Before updating the firmware to v29 (or it could have been when downgrading to v24 and back up to get Info button working on widescreen display?) I seem to remember having a different mix of displays when using the split screen, ie directions on one side and radio stations on the other - or was I just imagining it?

PS: Can we have a seperate topic just for mk4 splash screens please?

Last edited by stewron; 4th July 2007 at 23:25..
stewron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 23:28   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Now you got me wondering, as I have Map on one side, Directions on other with other details when not following Route.
There may be an option Ive not used will check in Morning, I'm in bed with Laptop and its pouring with rain so not going out now, sorry.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 08:49   #3
kookiemg
Regular poster

2001 Rover 75 CDT(i) XPower Upgrade Rover Ron Conn SE

I think there is a secret sequence of button pushing/radio on/off to get this working when downgrading and upgrading s/w revisions.
This might help..?
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/69647
Old 5th July 2007, 13:06   #4
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

The results are very variable so I would not like to try and give a definitive answer. Most of us have a hardware mismatch of one sort or another.

Each time you swap a unit in a car the K bus controller does a relearn.
I temporarily put my BM24 in my 260 then returned it to my 190 et viola on doing so I got split screen radio and Nav back!

When you do a firmware upgrade you sometimes do find you need to do the downgrade up grade path to get the info and select buttons to work.

Jochen on X5world has done a BMW nav coder tool for various tasks such as coding monochrome displays to colour, fixing the buttons and enabling TV in motion but it flatly refuses to run properly in my car.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 13:36   #5
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

PS Kookie do you still have your video link of yours making wheel spin type noises through the gears if so a link in the V8 forum would be appreciated
Old 5th July 2007, 15:21   #6
kookiemg
Regular poster

2001 Rover 75 CDT(i) XPower Upgrade Rover Ron Conn SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
PS Kookie do you still have your video link of yours making wheel spin type noises through the gears if so a link in the V8 forum would be appreciated
Thought I would post here so that you could decide what to do with it...
But...the only link I've posted with a V8, wheel spinning, was not mine, but a clip I found on fastsaloons.com - one of their roadtests...could that be the one..?
http://www.fastsaloons.com/newsstory...ld=2353&type=9
(the video link is top right)
Anyway - after further delving - that car has a heck of a story...
It is vin 183 I am led to believe, so should be a MkI, but it was pulled off the line and built as a MkII (not just a bumper/light conversion) for press work (as well as its sister which featured on Top Gear, 5th Gear etc). The owner has posted on 260s (and maybe elsewhere) - called Michael (...not the car).
It appears to be currently for sale on pistonheads http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/140939.htm and features many engine mods....no idea if all or some were part of the press build...to get it to accelerate as shown in video...
So there you have it...
Old 5th July 2007, 15:45   #7
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Yes that is the one thanks, I always thought that was your car!

Definately a little bit of a squeak as he changed into third and in the dry as well! I don't think mine could do that