Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd September 2016, 13:54   #21
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

My Grandfather owned a Ford Dealership in the 50's and 60's ...... and in the 70's and very early 80's it was an Alfa Romeo one as well. Cars are a bit in my blood.....my Dad and I went to visit him on the Isle of Man just before he died and when my Dad went out to speak to the medical staff he said 'I'm -NAUGHTY WORD- (realy? ) Dave, I know you're doing things with racing cars and I wish I could transfer what's in my head to you', he died two days later .I have a lot of his tools......

mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:57   #22
Amsca2
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T cdti

I've got my granddad pick axe. It's been well maintained with a new head and shaft at varying times. Well over . . . . . .
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:34   #23
cengar
Loves to post

rover 75 saloon cdti

Set of Britool spanners AF and Whitworth bought in 1963
cengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:35   #24
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
OK, well....

Back in the day, some beds would have a steel rectangular base formed from angle iron, that rectangle would be filled with springs and wire.
We had a trailer, made from an angle iron bed frame with a car beam axle and springs bolted and welded on! Another bed frame was cut and welded to form the uprights and towing hitch. All made from scrap and lasted three generations!
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:06   #25
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
The bed Mum & Dad bought after their wedding was one of these iron framed variety with Oak ends and it was marked with the kite marki indicating war time rationing and quality as were both wardrobes.

The steel or iron frame is makign a comeback and have noticed a fair few in properties when viewing online in France. They are much better than the much vaunted divan which seems to have a very short life before it starts to collapse of course good for the makers as you have to replace but bad for the planet and resources and of course the customer.
My parents were married immediately post war and much of what they had in the house back then carried that mark, including blankets.

I agree the modern divan beds are built for a short life. I recycled one earlier in the year - very thin wood frame and cardboard. The wood frame matched perfectly the wood used to make shelves in our airing cupboard, which desperately needed more shelves - so I 'diverted' the wood from the bed to make more shelves

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 21:10   #26
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Surprised no one's mentioned any BSP spanners.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 21:57   #27
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04

A screwdriver about 9 inches long, hexagonal shaft, a nicely turned and knurled metal handle, made by me at school in about 1969. And a 4" G-clamp, also made by me, same vintage.
Old 24th September 2016, 06:59   #28
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

A bent 13mm open end spanner for doing a carb on a v6 Granada from 1979 when my father gave it to me and told me it was special cos of the bend in one end lol and not to lose it because they were rare lol still got it amongst my tools
Old 24th September 2016, 07:16   #29
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

If we include measuring tools I have some micrometers that were given to Edward (Toolmaker where I worked then) on completing his apprentiship and Edward retired in 1980 so my Toolmakers cabinet and soem of the mics inside are from 1930 as I bought them off him when he retired. The still bear the marks from calibration when I was working for a firm in the 1990's and they passed calibration easily.

We probably have some Pipe spanners in the workshop. Will let you know if I find any .
Old 24th September 2016, 14:28   #30
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Possibly a Dunlop Standard foot pump, I think that they were made in Birmingham around the time of WW2 and possibly a little bit before then. It is very well made with a nice brass cylinder and piston rod, the hose could be original but sadly it is lacking an oem tyre valve connector. It still works well though and while I don't have a pic of it the model for those who might be interested is shown in the ebay pic below:

WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote