Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th September 2016, 20:19   #31
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

My compressor receiver dates from the 1950s (had it checked a few years back and despite internal corrosion, it's still thicker than a new one would be). The compresser itself is from, I believe, a Commer 2-stroke diesel, again 1950s.

Many of my woodworking tools in regular use were my grandfather's, he was a carpenter in the early part of the last century. All his tools have his name stamped in them as was customary, as such tools were very valuable then to a relatively low-paid working man. The planes are incredibly sharp and seem to retain their edge indefinitely.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 20:32   #32
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I still have the socket ratchet and some of the sockets that I bought as a set from a firm that advertised in the old Exchange & Mart - Cannot remember the firm but it was a two word title and i an sure the first word began with a P ???

Anyway the set had AF, Whitworth and Metric all with a 1/2 inch drive. The sockets lasted well but as with sockets they get lost but the 6" and 12" extension, universal joint and the Ratchet are still with me and have been for for 45 years.

I bought the set at age 19 Mail Order - and I am now 64. The Ratchet has such a smooth and well balanced action it is the one my sons and I always reach for.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 07:31   #33
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Over the last 10 years I've had to replace every tool I have, my entire tool chest was stolen when the garage I was working in was broken into I'm getting there slowly, I'm not earning as much now so it's taking a while to replace everything Still haven't bothered replacing the tool chest though, I just use and old cheat of drawers and lots of shelves now