Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th October 2010, 20:24   #21
chunkybray
Avid contributor

mg zt-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislloydie View Post
But did you still get the whirring noise and the lights adjusting when the wire had worn through? I still get that, they just go up and then point back down again.
Yes .the lights would still do their "Test routine" when I switched them on,
Which is why I first thought it was a sensor problem.
chunkybray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 20:26   #22
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkybray View Post
Yes .the lights would still do their "Test routine" when I switched them on,
Which is why I first thought it was a sensor problem.
Did you just repair the wire that had worn through?

chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 20:41   #23
chunkybray
Avid contributor

mg zt-t

Yes. Rejoined wire and all was well again.
Some where on here is a thread about the wiring rubbing through on the bodywork under the headlight but I haven't found it yet.
chunkybray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 20:42   #24
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislloydie View Post
Another question I have though, is do the hedlights self adjust EVERY time you switch them on or with every ignition cycle? Or do they only adjust when they detect a difference in the suspension height? i'm not 100% sure I could hear them adjusting everytime I turned the lights on.
Logically and as near as I can tell, they seem to adjust just once when they are first turned on with ignition on. Basically check the height of front compared to rear and adjust for whatever load is in the car at start up.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 09:05   #25
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Lights working perfect this morning. Just need to sort out something to use as a permanent bracket now. Will probably go with Harrys idea of the steel strap. Thanks for all your input fellas.

chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 09:28   #26
Bigcul1
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Con SE

Hi, sorry to revive this thread but has anybody made a clip for the wishbone that I can see with pictures? I have seen Steve Arctic's with the PC blanking plate but don't really want to drill the wishbone. Any other ideas, solutions?
Bigcul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 09:42   #27
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcul1 View Post
Hi, sorry to revive this thread but has anybody made a clip for the wishbone that I can see with pictures? I have seen Steve Arctic's with the PC blanking plate but don't really want to drill the wishbone. Any other ideas, solutions?
I agree with not drilling the wishbone.

Could you make a similar bracket, but instead of drilling simply bind to to the wishbone with either tiewraps, or using galv steel wire?

The tool I made a couple of weeks ago, of which I published the details on the this forum, might be perfect for tightenening the galv wire.

Another way might be to try to fashion a replacement out of spring steel, something like a Terry clip. You would need to first take the temper out to drill and shape it, then retemper.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 30th October 2012, 11:25   #28
Bigcul1
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Con SE

Harry, thanks for the reply. Do you think something like this could work (see attached). It would be made using one of those PC brackets but I would drill 2 extra small holes in at the top and bottom and then either use a cable tie or some metal wire to secure?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (27.8 KB, 27 views)
Bigcul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 13:44   #29
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcul1 View Post
Harry, thanks for the reply. Do you think something like this could work (see attached). It would be made using one of those PC brackets but I would drill 2 extra small holes in at the top and bottom and then either use a cable tie or some metal wire to secure?
It really is a matter of trying it to see if it works. As I remember there are two lugs molded into the wishbone to locate it in the correct place, but the wishbone arm tapers towards the hub - so any attempt to fasten it with ties will tend to pull towards the taper.

I wonder if it might help to clean up the wishbone's alloy surface and attempt to bond a bracket in place?

Old 30th October 2012, 14:35   #30
Dashiel
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 2.0 Club Tourer LPG

I would think industrial glue and a strip of zinc alloy will do the job. There are no large forces at work here.
Dashiel is offline   Reply With Quote