Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th October 2016, 18:35   #1
fubsy
Regular poster

MG ZT 180 SE Sports Auto

Default ZT 180 SE Sport Auto - Spares or Repair

ALL NOW PROVISIONALLY SOLD

Hi all,

I am with much regret disposing of my 2005 ZT. She has a burnt out valve with no compression and I have been quoted 20 hours labour for repair. The repair I am led to understand will involve an engine strip down and it has been my experience that the repair will involve more than the repair of one valve. I cannot afford the repair. Hence the disposal.

I can keep the car for 2 weeks when I will scrap it. If anyone would like parts from it you are welcome to come and take them. I spent £4k on the front end earlier this year after an aquaplaning incident and I would like to try and recoup some of that. All parts will be free except for:

Front bumper - PBT -£50 (6 months old)
O/S Xenon headlight - £50 (6 months old)
4 x Apex 18" wheels which need a refurb but there are 4 x Dunlop SP1s on them that are 6 months old - £100
Sat Nav Disc - Rover/MG VDO Dayton Map CD 2014 -2015 - £10
I also have the 2012 disc if someone wants it for free
I fitted a walnut wash last year for which I would like £20 (it has a small crack which cannot be seen when fitted)
Walnut gear knob £10

My preference would be for someone to take the whole car (£300) otherwise members first for parts and then I'll scrap her.

It is a very sad day, as I love this car and I have loved every second of driving her, and indeed, owning her.

Last edited by fubsy; 4th October 2016 at 20:15..
fubsy is offline   Reply With Quote