Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th March 2017, 20:20   #21
beededea
Regular poster

75 connie tourer, MGZT-T

Both springs fitted successfully, all bolts cleaned, greased and tightened to the correct torque, rubber cups greased, springs greased, hammerite applied to any bare and rusty metal after derusting.

Just for your information, the old springs, one side, the spring was in four small pieces with one still functional big chunk. The other side just snapped in two at the base of the spring so they really hadn't done the job as well as I should have expected them to, nonetheless, even in broken state they were still working - just.

But with the new springs fitted I took the car out for a drive and the car initially 'felt' wrong. It was far too smooth and the ride was far too perfect.

Then I realised I had got used to the Rover's rear end feeling like a hard ZT, now it feels like a Rolls Royce, almost too smooth. Can't believe the improvement. Once again amazed by how gorgeous a Rover 75 feels when it is fettled.

Last edited by beededea; 27th March 2017 at 09:02..
beededea is offline   Reply With Quote