Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th March 2017, 14:24   #1
SkunkMunkey3000
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default 52 Rover 75 CDT for sale - MOT until Feb 2018

Up for sale is my 52 plate Rover 75 CDT in silver.

The car has 143000 on the clock currently and this may rise slightly. It's lovely and comfortable and I've always hit at least 45mpg on mixed driving. It's mechanically sound, the only issue I know of is I can't get the cruise control to work, I'm sure this is probably only the switches on the peddle assembly but I've just not found where the switch is to try to adjust it.

I've only owned the car for a few months but there is nothing wrong with it - I just can't afford to run 2 cars currently and I like my Golf too much to sell that one. In the time I've had the car I've spent quite a lot getting it up to scratch and running properly, this includes;

Both metal brake pipes running from front to rear
Rear number plate PCB kit from Mat @ DMGRS
Fuel, pollen and air filters (oil and oil filter were changed about 3000 miles ago by previous owner)
N/S lower control arm and rear bush
Under bonnet fuel pump
In tank fuel pump
replaced the drivers door window switch panel
2 new front tyres - Toyo CF2's
Phillips Extreme Vision headlight bulbs
Reverse light switch

I have receipts for all the above and there is also a few other docs included from the previous owner including a new intercooler in the last couple of years.

The car has a brand new MOT and doesn't expire until the end of February 2018. There are two advisories on the MOT. The first is O/S front track rod end has slight play, the tester told me this still has plenty of life life left in it yet. The second is for the O/s lower control arm rear bush - again this has some life left in it, the car comes with a replacement bush (decent Unipart one), I was going to replace it when the weather warms up but haven't had a chance to yet. Other than that there is nothing else noted on the MOT.

The interior is in very good condition and also includes a Navall 2 double din head unit and satnav unit.

The exterior is a little scruffy but nothing too major. The front bumper has quite a scuff on it which the previous owner attempted to fix (badly), it's not great but it is only a scuffed bumper. The rest of the paint work has the usual age related marks.

I really like the car and will be sad to see it go but I can't afford to run 2 cars and unfortunately my rattly, uncomfortable and unreliable 20 year old Golf is my baby so the Rover has to go.

I'm asking for £800 for the car from forum members, I think this is fair since this just about covers what I've spent on parts and the head unit in the few months I've owned it.

Currently the front grill is missing one piece as shown in the photos, I have a spare grill which will be included in the sale if I don't get a chance to fit it beforehand.

The car is in Sudbury, Suffolk and any viewings and test drives are welcome (test drives only on proof of insurance or I will happily take you for a drive in it).

I can be reached via PM on here.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sworks; 6th March 2017 at 19:16..
SkunkMunkey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 19:16   #2
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Phone number removed as per forum rules

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 21:45   #3
SkunkMunkey3000
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Phone number removed as per forum rules
Sorry about that
SkunkMunkey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 12:38   #4
SkunkMunkey3000