Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th March 2017, 21:49   #1
juanbarney

rover 75

Default Cheat to higline with cd changer

Hello everyone. I have installed an alpine Higline with cdchander in my rover 75 facelift 2008, and I have managed to create an AUX input through the connector of the CD changer, but for this to work it is necessary that the charger is connected since otherwise the unit is not detected. Anyone know how to be able to cheat the main unit to detect a cdchanger without it? (I guess there should be a signal on the bus)
Thank you all
juanbarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 20:01   #2
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

Just leave the battery, aux, ground and K-bus connected so it can see the CD changer and then connect your audio in place of the CD changer line outs. Let me know if you need the colours.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 21:41   #3
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

you'll probably still have to have an actual cd to play - The CD player tells the system it's playing - if it doesn't it will revert back to the radio. If you are computer savvy and don't mind a bit of wiring then look here for a solution. http://pibus.info/ however if you go that route it'll cost the best part of £120+ once you are done. But if you like to maintain the original look (at least on the surface) it's one of the few ways to do it.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 17:19   #4
Jontie
Loves to post

Rover75 2.0L Conn SE Auto

I've had this same problem for years with my Intravee / Ipod.
Old 14th April 2017, 23:32   #5
juanbarney

rover 75

The AUX are instaled yet, but if i wan ear the music well is mandatory have put a cd blank music playing.

I see the Rasperry solution but talk about Ibus and in my Rover are Can-Bus o K-Bus ( are the same ?). Seem a very complitated solution .....

I'm sure y need send to ampli-radio ( i don't know where they are) the bus signal.

I try put the signal of mp3 by the casette signal cable, but the sound are terrific ( i think diferent impedance)

Thanks a lot for your helps.

Juan Jose

Last edited by juanbarney; 14th April 2017 at 23:34.. Reason: error
Old 21st April 2017, 22:56   #6
juanbarney

rover 75

Any Idea ?????
Old 22nd April 2017, 01:41   #7
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbarney View Post
The AUX are instaled yet, but if i wan ear the music well is mandatory have put a cd blank music playing.

I see the Rasperry solution but talk about Ibus and in my Rover are Can-Bus o K-Bus ( are the same ?). Seem a very complitated solution .....

I'm sure y need send to ampli-radio ( i don't know where they are) the bus signal.

I try put the signal of mp3 by the casette signal cable, but the sound are terrific ( i think diferent impedance)

Thanks a lot for your helps.

Juan Jose
The highline system is complicated, it has 5 modules (+ steering wheel controls) interconnected for audio/video and data. Any solution is therefore also complicated. The Pibus solution has been made as simple as possible without making it a black box and charging three times the price: which would make it more expensive than a good modern double din unit that would do all the same things as the original system. Compare it to the cost of a connects2 or intravee based solution.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 16:51   #8
juanbarney

rover 75

Thanks.

At end i think the problem are the super obsolete system.

The problem for me are that i wan good quality of sounf and in the "chinesse" systems it is impossible. The actual level of quality with myl amplifier are acceptable, but the "new" solutions are a tablet with a DAC.

Regards