Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th January 2017, 17:44   #11
Andrewg10rover
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

I bought a 'Connects2' adapter which plugs into the back of the 75 radio very simply. This allows you to plug your iPhone or whatever in and play it through the car's speakers. Sound production is superb, and you can control the iPhone via the steering wheel controls; change tracks, volume, etc. Brilliant, cheap, simple.
Andrewg10rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 17:47   #12
Andrewg10rover
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

It's also brilliant if you use your iPhone as a sat nag - the instructions turn the music down first, and are given through all of the car's speakers, very clearly!
Andrewg10rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 13:45   #13
Rob T

Rover 75

I can confirm that it does indeed work! 😎

In case anyone's interested, this is the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111727574790

I managed to crack the A-pillar while taking it off... but not completely and you can't see that it's broken.

The glove box light also seems to have stopped working...

But I have Bluetooth and have fitted USB power supplies for satnav and phone 😊
Old 28th February 2017, 09:52   #14
simonk

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
I can confirm that it does indeed work! 😎

In case anyone's interested, this is the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111727574790

I managed to crack the A-pillar while taking it off... but not completely and you can't see that it's broken.

The glove box light also seems to have stopped working...

But I have Bluetooth and have fitted USB power supplies for satnav and phone 😊
Cool - did you need to take the radio out, or are you able to reach behind it once you've taken the glovebox out?

I'm keen to keep my car standard if at all possible, but most of my music's on Spotify these days, so a BT adapter like this would be perfect
simonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 10:12   #15
Rob T

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Cool - did you need to take the radio out, or are you able to reach behind it once you've taken the glovebox out?

I'm keen to keep my car standard if at all possible, but most of my music's on Spotify these days, so a BT adapter like this would be perfect

I had to take out the radio and the glovebox, I don't think you'd be able to disconnect the loom from the back of the stereo without it being out in the open.

I also partially removed the instrument pack as I was routing some USB power cables to provide power for my phone and satnav rather than having dangling cables. This made it a somewhat more tricky affair. But if all you want to do is install the bluetooth unit then it's a pretty easy job.

The bluetooth unit also comes with a microphone. I routed that to the top of the A-pillar. But depending on if you want to use the microphone and where you want to put it will dictate how much of the interior you need to take apart

So far I haven't had any problems at all with the unit. It connects without problems every time (and I use an app called AutoMate, which you can set to start when it connects and it loads up Audible for my audiobooks and I'm all set to drive ).
Old 2nd March 2017, 08:32   #16
simonk

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
I had to take out the radio and the glovebox, I don't think you'd be able to disconnect the loom from the back of the stereo without it being out in the open.

I also partially removed the instrument pack as I was routing some USB power cables to provide power for my phone and satnav rather than having dangling cables. This made it a somewhat more tricky affair. But if all you want to do is install the bluetooth unit then it's a pretty easy job.

The bluetooth unit also comes with a microphone. I routed that to the top of the A-pillar. But depending on if you want to use the microphone and where you want to put it will dictate how much of the interior you need to take apart

So far I haven't had any problems at all with the unit. It connects without problems every time (and I use an app called AutoMate, which you can set to start when it connects and it loads up Audible for my audiobooks and I'm all set to drive ).

Was this a high line unit you fitted the module to? I've just bought one of the Bluetooth units from the eBay guy and he's said that my high line unit has a three plus six connector on the back and not the 17 pin plug that his unit uses. Sounds like it's back to square one :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
simonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 08:42   #17
Rob T

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Was this a high line unit you fitted the module to? I've just bought one of the Bluetooth units from the eBay guy and he's said that my high line unit has a three plus six connector on the back and not the 17 pin plug that his unit uses. Sounds like it's back to square one :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, it's a Harmony head unit I've got. When I ordered it they did get in touch to ask exactly which head unit I have as it was only compatible with certain ones.

Sorry if that's not much help for you. Hope you find something that works.
Old 21st March 2017, 19:26   #18
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Sounds a lot like my MKi9200 Parrot system. Had that in the Honda and it was brilliant! In the process of fitting that to the rover now, only I am still taking it out of the honda! Hopefully I brought the right adaptor as I too have the Harmony head unit.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 08:47   #19
Martin1972
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewg10rover View Post
I bought a 'Connects2' adapter which plugs into the back of the 75 radio very simply. This allows you to plug your iPhone or whatever in and play it through the car's speakers. Sound production is superb, and you can control the iPhone via the steering wheel controls; change tracks, volume, etc. Brilliant, cheap, simple.
I'm thinking about one of these...

Do you have a Symphony radio?

I have a CD changer already; if I removed it would the Connects2 use the remaining wire to the radio?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
Martin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote