Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 18:48   #31
Arryhall
Avid contributor

Rover 75

For some years now I have always wanted an MG ZT. According to other opinions, the MGZS was the better car to drive, but there is just something so purposeful and handsome about that ZT. I'll confess to knowing 1.8. 1.8T, 2l, 2l diesel, 2.5 V6 engine configurations, and that's it! What the numbers mean and what they break down into is something I'm only now just discovering. Same with the 75, I knew the engine variations to a small degree, but as for fit and finish with the Club, Connouseueur, and...er...no, that's it. That's all I knew. Leather seats or cloth.
But the look of the MG, especially in that delicious blue, still makes me look twice. I personally can't think of too many cars that have the same presence, sense of style and class and yet retain a meanness and sense of purpose as the MGZT. Most other cars look, to me, like something escaping a Manga comic (Honda Civic Trpe R?) or just dull (anything with Kia on it).

My Honda was dying, its' tax and MOT were due and I needed another car. The local garage had this 1.8t 75 connie in for under £1000. And I kept looking at it, then the Mondeo he had in, the 75, then other garages, then the 75... and I thought 'WHY do I keep looking when I always come back to this 75?'. So I brought it. And it has leaky problems, and a turbo issue, and the stereo is rubbish and sounds awful, and it smells a bit from the stagnant swimming pool under the seats, and the headlights are scratched and need refurbishing, and the drinks holders are pants. But it is awesome and I love it!!!! I've sorted the leaks, which I enjoyed doing, I'm fitting a Parrot until I get a touch screen stereo thing off Sean, I'm going to shampoo the carpets now it's drying out, I'm going to refurb the lights and it's just nice to drive. It's also a classy looking car in a nice silver.

BUT....if I could have found one, at a similar price, I'd LOVE an MGZT in that amazing blue, with a 75 interior (wood dash and trim) and the white leather and wood steering wheel, with the v6 engine converted to LPG so I didn't feel bad about the environment when I put me foot down, with the serpent wheels I have on my 75. Not sure if I'd go for the facelift model though. Them 2 separate lights look gorgeous, but then the one unit lights look great too. I like the deeper intercooler aspect of the later models though.

I've no idea what these cars are / if they exist, but if I had the money, I doubt there are many other cars I'd have over that. money no object, I'm not sure if I'd pass up on one of them.

Maybe I'm just odd, but the 75 and ZT are stunning designs that manage to look inherently English.
Arryhall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 19:46   #32
spongeh
Regular poster

MG ZT+

I love the exterior of my Trophy Blue ZT

But I also love the interior, I know some people have said that original is better, but I couldn't stand the plastic looking technical grey dashboard so I swapped it out with a real walnut PPD dash and steering wheel, PPD illumiated sun visors and a Navall Star Radio

They're only minor tweaks, but they do make it a lot more pleasant place to spend a few hours.

Old 21st March 2017, 20:03   #33
Arryhall
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeh View Post
I love the exterior of my Trophy Blue ZT

But I also love the interior, I know some people have said that original is better, but I couldn't stand the plastic looking technical grey dashboard so I swapped it out with a real walnut PPD dash and steering wheel, PPD illumiated sun visors and a Navall Star Radio

They're only minor tweaks, but they do make it a lot more pleasant place to spend a few hours.

Yeah! See? That! Boiiiiiiiing!!!! Lovvverly.
Arryhall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 23:40   #34
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post

That is an absolute beauty.

You're a lucky man
She was going to be scrapped by the previous owner so i have spent 18 months restoring her. thnaks for the kind comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Jon, we will have to get them both together...

I myself was a complete boy-racer in my day, I still have that itch when I see a 6th Gen Celica.
Absolutely mate that was the plan.

Nothing wrong with Japanese sports cars. you know my thoughts on the Toyotas. A good gen 6 GT4 or a Gen 5 Carlos Sainz are superb cars. My Supra is a becoming a very rare beast but I still drive her every day

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888

Rover 75 facelift contemporary cdti
Born 18th August 2004
102,314th 75 off the production line
328th 75 CDT Contemporary SE (135) to be made out of 849
729th 75 in Pearl Black to be made out of 1,554