Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd March 2017, 16:07   #1
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Exhaust fit advice regarding model?

Is there any difference in the exhaust fitted to the Rover 75 tourer 2.0 CDT diesel and the 2.0 CDTi Diesel???

This is important as I have just ordered a Klarius exhaust, and there now appears to be slight changes in part numbers!!

Klarius themselves only give exhaust part numbers for Rover 75 tourer 2.0 TD which were the part numbers I used to order my parts....

If I have it wrong I need to cancel order prior to despatch so instant advice would be appreciated Thanks
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:09   #2
mbrenn
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloons Conn SE 2.0L V6 (2001) & Conn 2.0L CDTi (2003)

Hopefully someone can advise on the tourer situation. For what it's worth they are definitely not conpatible in a saloon.
mbrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:36   #3
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrenn View Post
Hopefully someone can advise on the tourer situation. For what it's worth they are definitely not conpatible in a saloon.
All part numbers were supplied by Klarius and double checked by dealers, but what concerns me is that the only Rover 75 tourer Diesel engine they quote is the 2.0TD.
Its done now so will have to se what arrives ,hopefully all will be well
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Old 23rd March 2017, 01:42   #4
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

AFAIK, the engine, if a diesel, is not a problem. If the exhaust is for a Tourer, then there should be no problem

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:22   #5
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
AFAIK, the engine, if a diesel, is not a problem. If the exhaust is for a Tourer, then there should be no problem
Thanks for the reassurance, as its very difficult to get the so called professionals to commit! The car is a diesel and a tourer, with all part numbers supplied by Klarius purchased.
Klarius themselves only give a choice of engines as 1.8 petrol,1,8 Diesel,2,0,2.0TD and 2.5.
Therefore as mine is a diesel 2.0 CDTi, the 2.0 TD appeared the only and natural choice?
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:22   #6
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

As far as exhausts are concerned, there was only one diesel engine, so you should be fine.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote