Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th March 2017, 14:42   #1
RAY OF THE ROVERS
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Default Cdti tourer backhoe.

Just noticed the backbox on my 2003 diesel tourer is hanging low. On closer inspection I see the wrap around 2 part bracket has rusted through. So I looked on Rimmers, found the brackets, an eyewatering £43 + P & P. Then checked out eBay, no brackets but full backbox with welded on hooks to which I assume fit into the 2 rubber holders. Is this the case now? Are the 2 part brackets superceded by the welded on hooks? If this is the case,I may as well buy the full backbox for a few quid more. Has anyone else come across this? Will it fit?

Last edited by RAY OF THE ROVERS; 28th March 2017 at 14:46.. Reason: Title spelling
RAY OF THE ROVERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 14:48   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

All after market systems have welded-on hangers. Pattern matched boxes sold by Rimmer will also have welded hangers. Any such back box advertised for the 75 diesel should fit a 75 diesel. But none will last as long as the original MGR one and won't be as quiet.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 14:51   #3
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

When I was up with Andy (Trikey) a month ago I had the same problem and we fitted a complete back box. Not worth messing around for a couple of quid.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 15:17   #4
RAY OF THE ROVERS
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Thanks for the replies guys. Well that's cleared that up. A new backbox with welded on hooks for me. I know it won't last as long as the original which at 14 years is still not blowing even though the outer skin is shedding. If I get another 5 years from the car and exhaust I will be happy. And it should quieten off once it gets a coat of carbon on the inside.
RAY OF THE ROVERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 20:31   #5
lionatus
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

I couldnt find a ZT one so ended up with the shorter 75 one. That wee bass rumble at idle sounds great. Certainly has the teenage scrotes checking the car out when I drop my son off to his work at McDonalds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
All after market systems have welded-on hangers. Pattern matched boxes sold by Rimmer will also have welded hangers. Any such back box advertised for the 75 diesel should fit a 75 diesel. But none will last as long as the original MGR one and won't be as quiet.

TC
lionatus is offline   Reply With Quote