Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd March 2017, 19:09   #11
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Any vehicle, looming large in my rear view mirror when I'm driving at the speed limit!
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:17   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I am a moaning old @it. All of the above drive me round the bend , but the one that really drives me mad is people who live on a busy road, and back out onto the road. Bone idle comes to mind. No excuse. When I was a HGV driver, one of my colleagues crushed the back of a doctors jag that did that. It is illegal to reverse onto a busy road, but have never seen anyone prosecuted for it.
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:48   #13
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Drivers who think they can avoid the queue of traffic and use the outside lane when everybody else is waiting patiently. Oddly enough it usually seems to be BMW and Audi drivers for some reason.

I was waiting last week in one of these queues at the end of the local bypass and there were several German car drivers jumping the said queue and there was a plod waiting pulling them in. I hope they all got a few points and decent fine.

Drivers who are traveling in any lane on the motorway that they want even though the inner lane or lanes are empty. Usually older folk but I have seen drivers from all age groups and genders do this. The worse was an old lady who was driving in the outside lane of the M25, there was a large queue behind her flashing her and some cars even took to undertaking her and gesticulating but she was ignoring them all. Where are the 5O when you want them?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:12   #14
KevF6
Loves to post

Rover 75

As above:

1). Middle lane sitters who take up the 2 middle lanes or even the 3rd on a 4 lane motorway, causing congestion. I mean really!!

2). People who indicate going round a roundabout and go past 2 turn offs!! WTF, indicating just prior to the actual turn off really isn't hard - but apparently is.

Oh yeh, and 99% of Audi drivers and 80% of Merc drivers with a splattering of BMW and Range Rover ones thrown in

Done:
New leather & walnut steering wheel, headlight restore, new badges to rear & engine, walnut facia trims, full size spare wheel, timing belts, Plenum spy hole, DD head unit.

• This vehicle was the 67,855th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
• This vehicle was the 2,457th 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
KevF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:28   #15
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
I'm sorry everybody but I have to moan about this as it is a pet hate of mine, I just hate it when I see an MOT certificate with an advisory item for under tray obscuring some components.

I mean they are factory fitted and when you buy new car you don't get an advisory,"oh this undertray might Obscure some components"

Yeah I get it that the MOT testers are only just covering their own, but it's my pet hate what is yours ?????
I think, getting more back on what I think was the OPs original point, that one of the most annoying things is how with many newer cars that one touch of the indicators gives you the 3 blink lane change indication. I want to be in charge of how many blinks my indicators make, I seriously hate how car design is trying to take away our control of the vehicle, like compulsory driving lights, dashboards telling me when to change gear, automatic handbrakes etc etc... Grrr... bless our old grandpa cars that we control.

Ohh, and yes, Essex boys and women in oversized SUVs that have the opinion they have greater rights on the roads due to the size and perceived value of their cars.
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:31   #16
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

People who moan all the time
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:10   #17
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliesgrandad View Post
Oh forgot the other one the Paper Hats who drive with their rear fog lights on When the fog or mist has gone !!!!!
+1 A great idea from MG Rover (I think the 800 had it too). Fog lights that are push on (but not latching), so you need to switch on again EACH time you need them, not when 2 weeks ago it was a little foggy.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:18   #18
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

I get upset when I see people overtaking vehicles waiting at zebra crossings. This is because when I am approaching these, I anticipate the people close to the crossing intend to cross and will be there before me. The motorists who can't understand nowt technical see the bus I am driving as a thing they must pass.

This happens all the time at one particular crossing (Carshalton Station) all the time and I've seen many near misses with School children crossing at the time...

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:22   #19
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post
I get upset when I see people overtaking vehicles waiting at zebra crossings. This is because when I am approaching these, I anticipate the people close to the crossing intend to cross and will be there before me. The motorists who can't understand nowt technical see the bus I am driving as a thing they must pass.

This happens all the time at one particular crossing (Carshalton Station) all the time and I've seen many near misses with School children crossing at the time...
That would seriously annoy me too, very dangerous especially with school children around with earphones in listening to music on their iPhones, I tell my daughter all the time..
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:48   #20
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

A colleague of mine decided to become a driving instructor. I moaned about people not indicating. He said learner drivers today are told they don't have to indicate if it's not necessary ie when in a left only lane.
My point to him was that using indicators whether they are necessary or not gets people into the habit of using them. By telling learner drivers they don't have to use them they are getting into the habit of not using them even when they should. Like it's some prehistoric legacy from the model T days that doesn't matter anymore.
Sure enough I now see lots of people not indicating when they should.

As for my pet hates - taxis that pull up in the middle of a car lined road even though there is space at the kerb for them.
And more recently - people going through no entry signs because it's a shorter route than going round a couple of houses.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote