Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th March 2017, 14:41   #1
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Default Parrott mki9200

I want eventually to upgrade the entire system to a double din thingy touch screen satnav whatsit with better speakers, but meantime I am going to shove in me old parrott system that will suffice for now.
I have the connector-y bits to connect it to me rover, but anyone know how it connects? It's the dead basic model stereo with the multi-changer in the boot. I can run the wires but I have zero idea of how to connect the stereo bits up. Anyone know? I looked at the instructions and they may have well been in Chinese for all the sense it made to me.

Help?
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 16:50   #2
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arryhall View Post
I want eventually to upgrade the entire system to a double din thingy touch screen satnav whatsit with better speakers, but meantime I am going to shove in me old parrott system that will suffice for now.
I have the connector-y bits to connect it to me rover, but anyone know how it connects? It's the dead basic model stereo with the multi-changer in the boot. I can run the wires but I have zero idea of how to connect the stereo bits up. Anyone know? I looked at the instructions and they may have well been in Chinese for all the sense it made to me.

Help?
Depends *which* basic model stereo you have - if it's the Harmony (The original one with the one line orange LCD display), you'll need 2 loom adapters - one from BMW to ISO, and another back from ISO to BMW, as the Parrot just has a set of ISO passthrough plugs. IF it's the later CR80 one (looks like a bog standard radio shoved into a fascia adapter) then you will be able to just unplug the loom plugs from the back of the radio and plug your MKi9200 into the back of the radio, and then plug the car loom into the sockets on the Parrot loom.

After you've done all of that...

There's a separate cable for the display module - find somewhere to stick the display module and figure out how to run the cable back to the radio - where you put the display is up to you. There's a dedicated socket on the blue control unit for the display cable - it won't fit in anywhere else.

For the microphone, I'd recommend fixing it to the roof just on the side of the light cluster - I normally used to just put the foot of the mic mount between the cluster and the headliner, not using the sticky pad. I'd then run the cable between the cluster and the headliner, then back across the headliner to the right hand A-pillar, down the A-pillar inside the trim finisher and then run behind the instrument cluster and then into the void below the radio, and plug into the control unit there.

There's also the media module cable which I'd normally run to the glovebox - might need to make a hole in the bottom of the glove box to let it through, but then feed the single ended connector on its cable through from the inside of the glovebox and then back to the controller in the dash void under the radio - you should now have the USB/iPod/3.5mm hydra cable in the glovebox.

Been a while since I did one of these, but that should more or less cover it.
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 19:40   #3
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Yeah, unfortunately, it's the Harmony. When I installed it in my Honda, I simply shoved the Honda Accord loom thingy into all the holes and it worked okay. This seems more complicated!
Unfortunately, I am utter rubbish at this sort of thing and will probably blow the car up, but thanks to you, I'll pull it all apart and see what happens.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote