Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th March 2017, 08:03   #1
meterman66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny SE Starlight Silver

Default Early Wince Unit Questions

Hi

Just bought a used wince unit (quite an early model i think)and have some queries.

First a big thanks to Sean for pointing me in the direction of a manual and also with help regarding reverse cam trigger wire and steering wheel controls(still to be attempted)

Whenever I put a cd or dvd in I just keep getting a blue screen with message" don't view for your safe" I know this has something to do with parking brake but which wire do I connect to on handbrake switch and what colour wire is it coming out of head unit?

I did try touching a brown wire coming out of the iso loom to ground but that didn't work

When I push the sat nav button I just get a blue screen...there is a sd card in Nav slot and when I take it out and look at the files on my laptop it has igo9 on card?

I have no remote nor is there a gps antena should i still see satnav menu's onscreen or is the unit fubard??

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Col
meterman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 11:35   #2
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

You need to have a play around on the setup screen. There is an option that disables video on the move but can't recall exactly what it's called. If the unit doesn't have a connection to the hand brake, this option will disable DVD play back at all times. Disabling the option should see you right.

Regarding the sat nav, it could just be the path to the navigation programme is missing, although in that case I would expect an error message. A plain blue screen sounds more like a fault,though it may be worth disconnecting all power for a short while to see if this clears it. Obviously, the sat nav won't actually work without a gps antenna, but presumably you want to make sure it's not broken before spending more money.

Probably worth having a chat with Coolcat if you can't resolve the sat nav with a power re-set - there is very little that he doesn't know about these units.

Hope this helps,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 08:45   #3
meterman66
Avid contributor

Default dvd screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
You need to have a play around on the setup screen. There is an option that disables video on the move but can't recall exactly what it's called. If the unit doesn't have a connection to the hand brake, this option will disable DVD play back at all times. Disabling the option should see you right.

Regarding the sat nav, it could just be the path to the navigation programme is missing, although in that case I would expect an error message. A plain blue screen sounds more like a fault,though it may be worth disconnecting all power for a short while to see if this clears it. Obviously, the sat nav won't actually work without a gps antenna, but presumably you want to make sure it's not broken before spending more money.

Probably worth having a chat with Coolcat if you can't resolve the sat nav with a power re-set - there is very little that he doesn't know about these units.

Hope this helps,

Cliff
Hi thanks for the info.
I found the screen and managed to disable the brake option dvd now playing many thnx.

I will contact coolcat re gps as yes I want to know it works before spending money on antena.

Regards

Col
Old 19th March 2017, 11:33   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

I am here, got your P.M but I'll answer here if thats ok

Hope these two videos will help you install/run your navigation software.

These are for Igo8, never tried Igo9 in the WinCe so hope it will run.

https://youtu.be/tXgfsPFKvhU

https://youtu.be/2NOKuydA5KU

It will run without a gps antenna but obviously won't be able to locate you on the map
Old 19th March 2017, 20:55   #5
meterman66
Avid contributor

Default Gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I am here, got your P.M but I'll answer here if thats ok

Hope these two videos will help you install/run your navigation software.

These are for Igo8, never tried Igo9 in the WinCe so hope it will run.

https://youtu.be/tXgfsPFKvhU

https://youtu.be/2NOKuydA5KU

It will run without a gps antenna but obviously won't be able to locate you on the map
Hi Jeff

Thanks for your response.

When I push the Navigation button on top left of unit or GPS icon in the menu I don't get anything other than a blue screen.

The screen in your 2 videos with CONSOLE-EBOOK-MUSIC-PICTURE and the tools icon never appears??

Any other options to try?

Regards

Colin
Old 27th March 2017, 17:41   #6
meterman66
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meterman66 View Post
Hi Jeff

Thanks for your response.

When I push the Navigation button on top left of unit or GPS icon in the menu I don't get anything other than a blue screen.

The screen in your 2 videos with CONSOLE-EBOOK-MUSIC-PICTURE and the tools icon never appears??

Any other options to try?

Regards

Colin
Hi any help with this please still only get blue screen when pushing nav button no menu's appear...just need to know if it's busted before I waste anymore time.

Thanks

Col
Old 29th March 2017, 21:56   #7
Radioguy
Banned

None

HI Col

I am not sure which unit is yours but have a Look here on our Channel, Theremay be some other videos to help there too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpUps2STY4Y

Or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3hU1zWIF-Y

Cheers

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 19:50   #8
meterman66
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
HI Col

I am not sure which unit is yours but have a Look here on our Channel, Theremay be some other videos to help there too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpUps2STY4Y

Or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3hU1zWIF-Y

Cheers

Sean
Hi Sean

Thanks for your response....If you refer to post six on this thread i state that I never get to the setup screen when the nav-button is pushed it just freezes on a blue screen.
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:31   #9
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by meterman66 View Post
Hi Sean

Thanks for your response....If you refer to post six on this thread i state that I never get to the setup screen when the nav-button is pushed it just freezes on a blue screen.
'Yes you wikll get the Blue screen but thats because the Navigation path is not set to the EXE file. If it IS Set, and you are getting blue screen. Have you done hat part ?

sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 16:57   #10
meterman66
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
'Yes you wikll get the Blue screen but thats because the Navigation path is not set to the EXE file. If it IS Set, and you are getting blue screen. Have you done hat part ?

sean
I don't know how to do that....when I push the GPS button from home screen or the navi/power button I have no menus/ settings to be able to follow the instruction as in your videos...