Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th March 2017, 09:15   #1
Gentil79
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default 2002 MG ZT 190+ Manual - faulty engine

Hi all,

I regrettably came to the decision of selling my car.

It's a ZT 190+ in MUM colour (zircoin silver) with 103k miles, Xenon headlights, rear parking sensors, IPK, rain sensor and auto dimming rear view mirrors. Glass sunroof fitted, but not working.

MOT expires in the beginning of December 2017

Although I am the 4th owner, according to the history, the car was registered new by the MG Rover dealer, then the 1st owner and then his wife.

It has full service history from day 1, including the original MG Rover "New vehicle order sheet".
The previous owner took the car to Holland for quite a few years and returned to the UK in 2015, hence the MOT gap for around 7 years. in the meantime, it was fully serviced and repaired in Holland, including the belts and water pump changed back in 2015. all invoices and receipts present.

When I bought it in the end of November, it initially failed the MOT on a few easily repairable items, but these were dully repaired in order to pass. The advisory was on corrosion on the disc brakes, but I've fitted new discs and pads all round a couple of months ago.

Rear light seals replaced, refurbished VIS motors, new lower engine mount, new OSF wheel bearing and ABS sensor. Oil and filter changed last week.

Bodywork isn't too bad, but could do with a tidy up. Usual scrape and dent here and there, plus slight corrosion on the inner lip of the rear wheel arch.
Front alloys could do a refurb too, especially the NSF as its scrapped and peeling.

Interior is clean and tidy and everything is working. No ripped or excessively worn seats.

Why am I selling it?

I've had it for less than 4 months, but suddenly two weeks ago, it came up with the "check engine" light and when I plugged in, the error code present was P0301 - Engine misfire on Cylinder 1.
I swapped coils, HT leads and put new spark plugs, but nothing changed.
Then, I did a compression test where the cylinder 1 read 100 psi and the others read around 170-180. Did a wet test on that cylinder and the compression went up to 170psi, suggesting that it might have a worn piston ring.

The car judders slightly on idle, but its smooth when accelerating and the power delivery is very good.

I'm asking £500 but I'll be quite happy to swap it for another ZT/75 plus cash towards the potential buyer. I'll consider any car, and although i'm not really keen on gold, green or burgundy colours. i'll give it a chance.

I live in Cobham, Surrey and the car is available to view by appointment only.

Many thanks,

Last edited by Gentil79; 20th March 2017 at 14:52..
Gentil79 is offline   Reply With Quote