Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 21:19   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Are you being bullied?

Are you being bullied? Please Please seek help if you are being bullied and have not already sought help.
People will not laugh at you.
Doing nothing is not the answer.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 22:36   #2
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Only ever been bullied once in my life, when I was 12. Some scroat thought he'd have some fun trying to bully me..............until I had him by the scruff of the neck up against a wall, funny thing is, he never bothered me again

You're right though, doing nothing is not the answer and not everyone can stand up for themselves. Help is out there.

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 22:52   #3
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

I'm assuming you mean work related bullying.It's harder than school because you can't just belt them .Unless you have another job to go to.,,Many times even reporting it to a superior results in nothing getting done ( ref Emotional mobbing ) ..Hope you get it sorted.

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 23:00   #4
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I was bullied at school,because I didn't fit in with "the crowd" . It wasn't physical assault, but constant ribbing, p*** taking, and stupid rumour spreading. You're gay, you're a puff etc . You haven't got the right trainers, I used to get new shoes every year, at the start of term, and I liked to keep them polished, so the bullies would grab me and scratch the shoes with stones, or try to make me " dance" by trying to stamp on my shoes.
I was always a bit soft, until I started karate, a mobile video rental man I got friends with,introduced me to it
After I had been training for about a year, it gave me the confidence to stand up for myself.
Old 21st March 2017, 23:13   #5
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

I was bullied a bit when I was in middle school by a few people in the year above me being the eldest child and hyperactive . I tried to stand up for it up but it was hard going.
When I got to high school I ended up in the dinner hall and was asking for some money back from this guy who gave it to the main bully and nemesis.
I remember him eating a chocolate éclair. As I held my hand out for the money he spat what he was eating into my hand #And then I saw Red#
I rubbed it in his face and launched him head first backwards into the cakes.
A full one on one and I had broken his nose without a scratch. His mates took me out and held me against a wall for him to hit me but he or they never did again Made it an easier walk at school for my 2yr younger brother.
Old 21st March 2017, 23:31   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige B View Post
I'm assuming you mean work related bullying.It's harder than school because you can't just belt them .Unless you have another job to go to.,,Many times even reporting it to a superior results in nothing getting done ( ref Emotional mobbing ) ..Hope you get it sorted.
work, home, anywhere

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 00:09   #7
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

It can be a very dark area being bullied. Comes in many different forms and can come from people you know, people you don't, and people........Who you should have been able to trust.

I am 50 and I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start . "Man up", "Get over it, it was 35/40 years ago", "don't be pathetic", are things that get said so you just keep it festering inside.
I wasn't clipped round the ear or given the odd smack on the backside by my ex-stepfather, I was punched, hit with trainers or plimsolls, and when he felt like it, the riding crop used to leave it's mark across my legs, buttocks and back for weeks. That in itself lead to teasing and bullying at school when it came to why you didn't want to change or shower with everyone after school sports.
I wasn't allowed to watch TV unless his own kids were watching it.
This is just the tip of the iceberg and I don't think you all probably want to read more. It still hurts thinking back and that nothing now can be done to erase those memories.
'Be careful what you wish for......" Well I wish I'd had the courage to be stronger and get away. Many a time of crumbling into a dark space thinking end it end it. In a way the bullying still continues because this long after it is still so vividly there.
So tell someone, once you start, you just might not be able to stop and I don't want all that pain and what comes with it again. People I trusted did this to me, and others let it happen. Why should I, now a grown man haha, trust someone enough to tell all.
Wish I hadn't started to type this now.
Night all
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 00:33   #8
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by IverRover View Post
It can be a very dark area being bullied. Comes in many different forms and can come from people you know, people you don't, and people........Who you should have been able to trust.

I am 50 and I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start . "Man up", "Get over it, it was 35/40 years ago", "don't be pathetic", are things that get said so you just keep it festering inside.
I wasn't clipped round the ear or given the odd smack on the backside by my ex-stepfather, I was punched, hit with trainers or plimsolls, and when he felt like it, the riding crop used to leave it's mark across my legs, buttocks and back for weeks. That in itself lead to teasing and bullying at school when it came to why you didn't want to change or shower with everyone after school sports.
This is just the tip of the iceberg and I don't think you all probably want to read more. It still hurts thinking back and that nothing now can be done to erase those memories.
'Be careful what you wish for......" Well I wish I'd had the courage to be stronger and get away. Many a time of crumbling into a dark space thinking end it end it. In a way the bullying still continues because this long after it is still so vividly there.
So tell someone, once you start, you just might not be able to stop and I don't want all that pain and what comes with it again. People I trusted did this to me, and others let it happen. Why should I, now a grown man haha, trust someone enough to tell all.
Night all
Such an honest post
I don't know what to say because I was never in the same position but I admire you for your honesty. I have known harden men that where beat upon by their parents

Opens up a bigger scope to bullying.
As a previous S/W I have seen bullying with older adults also.
Old 22nd March 2017, 00:52   #9
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Quote:

Night all
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Yep, shouldn't have posted as it niggles away now.
It affects your whole life. Unless someone has been through it themselves, they can't possible appreciate just how much it controls who you are and what you become. Because the ones you thought you were meant to be able to trust *#~×"! things up for you, you grow up building a wall around yourself, not really allowing anyone in. You don't fully allow people to get to know you. Along the way people let you down or use you and so you build the wall a little higher. Only one person on this planet knows me and words will never even be able to start to say how eternally grateful I am for having such a great person as my best friend and wife. Where would I be without her, only one other knows but I have never been able to tell or burden her with all that went on.
I know that because it's all still there, when my time comes I shall die a lonely and maybe bitter man, bitter at the way my life has turned out because I couldn't say STOP.
Maybe because those that should have, also didn't say stop.

Life eh!
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 01:48   #10
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Quote:
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Yep, shouldn't have posted as it niggles away now.
It affects your whole life. Unless someone has been through it themselves, they can't possible appreciate just how much it controls who you are and what you become. Because the ones you thought you were meant to be able to trust *#~×"! things up for you, you grow up building a wall around yourself, not really allowing anyone in. You don't fully allow people to get to know you. Along the way people let you down or use you and so you build the wall a little higher. Only one person on this planet knows me and words will never even be able to start to say how eternally grateful I am for having such a great person as my best friend and wife. Where would I be without her, only one other knows but I have never been able to tell or burden her with all that went on.
I know that because it's all still there, when my time comes I shall die a lonely and maybe bitter man, bitter at the way my life has turned out because I couldn't say STOP.
Maybe because those that should have, also didn't say stop.

Life eh!
I am glad you have a person you are happy with but some thoughts still remain unfortunately

Your always welcome to PM me anytime