Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd March 2017, 17:55   #21
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Just list the car honestly and make the belts an option for an added/extra cost.

If you can sell the car with hand on heart that there is no major mechanical fault, that is all any potential buyer would ask of you.

Just make sure you waiver in the cost of being knocked down a few hundred quid by that bolshy punter, there is always one.

Good luck with the sell.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:12   #22
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
More than a bit hostile mate - it was a simple question.

And you're right, you don't need to be a car trader. There's a vast difference between the value of these cars here and the value on the mainland so I was wondering if you were speaking from experience or not.

For example, there's a 2.0 v6 moonstone tourer been on sale here for almost five months. It started out at £1295, is now being offered at £895 and still remains unsold with the consensus being that without proof the belts have been done it's a £300 car.

That could be unique to n.i, or it could be a nationwide phenomena hence my asking you the question I asked.

sorry I read the comment as being a bit sarcastic I'm not a car trader

Yes well that depends on a lot of things, like what's the mileage on the moonstone? what condition is it in? From speaking to a lot of members over the years moonstone is a bit of a marmite colour and a lot don't seem to like it (although I do). so that could be a reason why it's not sold. Where is it being advertised? An online add would reach a lot more people and sell quicker than a car on someone's driveway with a for sale sign on it. Being a 2.0, i guess it's a little less attractive than a 2.5 as it has less power but uses the same fuel from what I've heard.

NI may have a smaller audience when it comes to selling cars but I have heard people come from the mainland to buy cars from there.

But there's no way someone wouldn't pay any more than £300 for a 49k mile mint 2.5v6 190 especially if it's a MKII regardless of belts being done or not

At least by not having the belts done straight away, someone with a slightly lower budget can still afford the car and get the belts done later. And if someone with a bit more £££ wants a fully sorted one then they can pay a bit more to have the belts done before they collect the car. So gives your sale advert a wider audience. Get the belts done straight away and you're left with trying to sell the car at a higher price to a smaller audience.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote