Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd March 2017, 22:11   #1
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Default The CD player works!

Since I did the leak fix and had a heater turned on in the car which has finally dried everything out, with no messing about whatsoever, the multi CD changer has started to work! Doesn't seem to like disc 2, but I am surprised, never expected it to be that "simple".

Still sounds poo, but at least I have CD's that play in me boot!
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:36   #2
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Well done, I am assuming it would be better though if the CD's played in the cabin as I can see problems with driving from the boot.
Old 23rd March 2017, 06:29   #3
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Well, there are 2 thoughts here. Whilst it is better for ease of use for the CD cassette to be where the people actually sit, it takes up much less space being stuck in the bum of the car and not the glove box.

Course, it's all fairly moot now seeing as CD's are pretty much coasters with the invention of iPods and Zoons and blutooth and Spotify and phone internets and etc etc etc.

But it works! All it needed was not to be submerged! I'm amazed it got that wet, dried out and wasn't totally knackered! Wouldn't like to try that with my TV for example. Or phone! Impressive.
Old 23rd March 2017, 06:31   #4
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Ah!!!!!!

I just read what you wrote Mr. Vanbursta, then read what I wrote, and realised what I wrote was indeed nonsense thus making my reply somewhat stupid. My apologies for not noticing the thing that you noticed about my notice.
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:13   #5
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Re CDs, I like having the sleeve notes, not usually available with downloads, I believe.

But if you buy a CD from Amazon, (not through Amazon but from another supplier), you get a free download of it via Amazon Music. So the best of both worlds.

Last edited by baxlin; 23rd March 2017 at 07:15..
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:24   #6
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

I love looking at my old record collection. I got a Gary Moore & John Lee Hooker copy of The Healer, and the record sleeve opened out to a great big poster!
And then there's the box set of Fleetwood Mac - The Early Years which had a book(let) in there! It was more comprehensive than some actual books I have read detailing each band member, where they came from, where they went to, the history of the band, the development of the musical style, everything, including photographs. I got the same thing on CD but the booklet is proportionally smaller and a lot more difficult to read, and you can't make anything out in the pictures at all.

The convenience of an MP3 on USB or SD card, or even streamed for the music is itself infinitely more convenient, but there is something nice about the tactility of an actual CD or record that I'd miss if I didn't get a physical copy. I guess I'm like everyone else: buy the CD, burn it onto the computer and put the CD on display / in a case / in a box / in the loft and play it again on very rare occasions (like when I get the CD player fixed in my car)