Notices

Old 27th January 2024, 04:58   #173261
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Annoyed! Bulb has gone in the halogen light at the back door, can tell it’s the bulb, can hear the sensor clicking. Replaced it less than a month ago
Morning Steve

Are halogen bulbs expensive to run?

Have a great weekend
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2024, 05:25   #173262
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Morning all

Ian, thank you for your insight and knowledge into Lithium batteries. We visited a solar energy company yesterday and negotiated down the prices of everything pending a site visit to our house which happened in the afternoon. We are going for a system with one lithium battery and six 545w panels, plus inverter with connections, cables, accessories and installation which will take about 3 days. The inverter will allow us to add another battery if needed at a later date. The solar company asked for 90% up front, but we said no to that in a nice way. I guess they have been caught out by people ordering the goods and not paying up. They agreed to 25% down and the rest on completion of the installation.

This morning I have been looking at flights back to the UK for the summer.

Monday, I am seeing the Gastroenterologist to get the results from the biopsy he took during the endoscopy 2 weeks ago. On that count I am feeling better.

The carpenters completed the work yesterday except they didn’t add any knobs/handles to the draws and cupboards. We were out when they left. So this morning we are going out to look for knobs

Weather here is 27C and sunny, so cannot complain.

What is everyone up to?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2024, 07:37   #173263
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Steve

Are halogen bulbs expensive to run?
Morning Phil and all. The lights involved are sensor lights, come on for a set number of minutes if movement is detected so costs not really a factor.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2024, 08:19   #173264
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Grey skies but no rain forecast today, I'll take that. Well that double faced glass cleaner magnet doodah was a waste of time, You had a job to separate the magnetic surfaces but when they're on either side of the double-glazed window the magnets weren't strong enough & the outside one keep falling off. It was a good job they came with a safety cord attached to the outside cleaner otherwise I'd have a hole in the conservatory roof.

Morning Phil, It must be great to generate your own electricity & store it in batteries. I was a bit pee'd off at the time when the green grant chaps said our roof was too old & not up to the job, Some you win some you lose.

More seed sowing today to see if I can get a head start on the season but no worries if Jack Frost pays a visit before Spring as I've got lots of saved tomato/bell peppers & cucumber seeds.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2024, 10:24   #173265
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, Grey skies but no rain forecast today, I'll take that. Well that double faced glass cleaner magnet doodah was a waste of time, You had a job to separate the magnetic surfaces but when they're on either side of the double-glazed window the magnets weren't strong enough & the outside one keeps falling off
Had a smaller version when we had the tropical fish tank. Great for cleaning that but would need to be one hell of a magnet to cope with the gap in double glazing.

Tank eventually sprung a leak, rather than replace/repair it Ging put some exotic orchids in it. The fish were more Ging’s thing but I was the one lumbered with filter cleaning/water changes etc, PITA!

T4 Location Map
Old 27th January 2024, 10:57   #173266
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

May not be on for a while. I am exhausted, both physically and mentally. Final straw, being asked to take mum's blood pressure morning and evening for a week and record the results, along with all the other stuff that I am doing. I refused flat out when the doctor told me that I was going to be his healthcare assistant. He then asked me who I thought should do it! Not me, I'm brain dead! I know that it is possible but I am worn out with it all. Where is nurse Gladys Emanuel when you need her? Glad that I still have a sense of humour but it is depleting rapidly. Stay well folks, cos if you don't, God help you!

Last edited by roverbarmy; 27th January 2024 at 11:00..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2024, 11:13   #173267
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Nah, they’re starting to take the p!ss Mike. The more you do the more they’ll want you to do, healthcare on the cheap.

I was going out, need food (biscuits) for the girls but my guts have taken a turn for the worse despite taking loperamide. Resorted to ordering online for delivery.

T4 Location Map
Old 27th January 2024, 12:21   #173268
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Had a smaller version when we had the tropical fish tank. Great for cleaning that but would need to be one hell of a magnet to cope with the gap in double glazing.

Tank eventually sprung a leak, rather than replace/repair it Ging put some exotic orchids in it. The fish were more Ging’s thing but I was the one lumbered with filter cleaning/water changes etc, PITA!

Yeah there's a 3/4" gap in double glazing here but the YT vids show less of a gap on windows in other parts of the world & some are single glazed windows.

They're as big as your hands & quite heavy, looks like I'll be going back to sponges tied on my old fishing 8 metre carbon pole.

More seeds sowed in the greenhouse this morning.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2024, 14:26   #173269
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
looks like I'll be going back to sponges tied on my old fishing 8 metre carbon pole.
This is where I appreciate living in a bungalow

Bulb in the back door light replaced. Old one was well fu…. knackered, whole length of the filament was lying against the blackened glass. Hopefully the new one will last longer but the old one’s demise may have been hastened by the multiple storms since I fitted it.

T4 Location Map
Old 27th January 2024, 17:25   #173270
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Buggeration! New bulb not working either. I did notice condensation within the PIR (sensor) when changing the bulb so looks like the wild storms recently have killed it. Doesn't really owe us anything, been up for 12-15 years

T4 Location Map