Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2017, 20:09   #341
MIT
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE

Oh, so I have accidentally solved the Navi volume issue by selecting a non-TTS option BEFORE finding and adjusting the further settings in the “about device” menu. I had no idea that TTS could still be (and obviously is) shouting … Sorry, no solution from me for this question, either.

In a way I am glad that I am not the only one with the DTV problem as I was beginning to worry that there is something wrong with my particular unit. Just to describe my procedures so far:
Everything has been installed by a professional. We tried with the car in the town, outside the town, with antennas held outside the window, no success. I tried changing the country in the settings (this used to help sometimes with TV sets made for general markets). I switched from PAL (used in Slovenia) to NTSC. And back. I restored the factory settings a few times and tried again.

Using the 8888 code I got into the ATV menu where there are eight options like TV_PAL_DK etc., plus two named RES. I admit I have no idea if one is supposed to change/select something there, but I did a few times, then reboot followed, but no change. What are your settings in this menu?

Next, when selecting OTHERS (the same screen with Radio, Volume, ATV etc. menus) I got in that final section where among other “DTV type” is to be found. By default it seems to be set to 0, but you can use minus and plus to change this value. Again, no idea what this is for and what happens if for example “15” is set here (it seemed not to change anything, actually). Does anyone know what “DTV type” means?

So, now I somehow cannot find any other menu or option where I could adjust or change something. Maybe there is just a certain combination of the above mentioned settings, which I have not found?

A curious thing is that when the DTV was turned on for the first time after everything had been set there were some UK stations stored (just by names, of course, no reception here).

It would be most helpful if someone with a working DTV described the settings. Please?
Or is it a software bug?
Hopefully Sean will calm us all soon with a solution .

Cheers, Miha
MIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 11:59   #342
norbury brook
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi 135 '+'

happy new year everyone.

Can anyone tell me the best music app to be able to browse by artist/album etc? I've downloaded a few apps ,media monkey, phonograph, google play music etc and none of them seem to be able to add either a USB or SD card to the library. I have a /music folder on a 32gig SD card and if I navigate there with the explorer I can play files but only 1 at a time none of the apps can let me add the folder to a library for sorting. I have a usb stick as well with music but it's exactly the same issue.

the default music player will play but just sorts everything into alphabetical folders!!

it's driving me nuts not being able to sort by artist or album or genre even,

marcus
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 12:08   #343
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
happy new year everyone.

Can anyone tell me the best music app to be able to browse by artist/album etc? I've downloaded a few apps ,media monkey, phonograph, google play music etc and none of them seem to be able to add either a USB or SD card to the library. I have a /music folder on a 32gig SD card and if I navigate there with the explorer I can play files but only 1 at a time none of the apps can let me add the folder to a library for sorting. I have a usb stick as well with music but it's exactly the same issue.

the default music player will play but just sorts everything into alphabetical folders!!

marcus
Poweramp is the best music app out there for playing music off an external USB or sd card...
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 12:08   #344
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
happy new year everyone.

marcus
I use ProPlayer and PowerAmp, both avaiable from Playstore and both do what you want.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 12:24   #345
aturi83
Loves to post

Peugeot 508

Anyone having any flat battery problems. Left the car a couple of days last week. Went to it and battery totally dead. Charged it for a few hours. Took it for a short drive parked it up happy days. Next day battery flat.

Disconnected the radio and repeated the charge, drive etc.

Next day totally fine? Any ideas?
aturi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 18:48   #346
norbury brook
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi 135 '+'

I've just started mine after 4 weeks. No problem at all.

M
Old 15th January 2017, 13:02   #347
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Hi All

In my continued and so far unsuccessful attempts to get IGO TTS voices working on my Navall Star (voices just very loud and no way to control them) I decided today to download Google Maps. Google Maps TTS voice works perfectly with volume fully controllable.

This leads me to believe that the problem lies with the Sat Nav Card (with IGO) that I received with the unit (from Sean Radio Guy in December) as opposed to anything on the head unit itself. Perhaps my copy of IGO has missing or incorrect files/settings!

Is there anyone who has got a fully functioning version of IGO (inc working TTS Voices) on their Navall Star?

If so, would you be prepared to let me have a copy of it. I can happily send a SD card to you, pay the postage and even buy you a few beers!

Thanks in advance
Stuart

UPDATE

Sean is kindly going to provide another copy of IGO for me to try. I will install this and see what results I have and then give you an update. Thanks

Last edited by StuartB; 15th January 2017 at 14:42.. Reason: Update
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 17:35   #348
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

I don't have a star, but on a Navall 3 I can strongly recommend installing vocalizer TTS. No connection with them, but it works well with IGO, sounds good, decent pronunciation and no drunken slurring.

Free to try, under £4 to buy the voice you like. Worth trying on the star I think,

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2017, 08:23   #349
norbury brook
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi 135 '+'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post
Poweramp is the best music app out there for playing music off an external USB or sd card...

thank you, poweramp is perfect.

M
Old 18th January 2017, 16:21   #350
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
I don't have a star, but on a Navall 3 I can strongly recommend installing vocalizer TTS. No connection with them, but it works well with IGO, sounds good, decent pronunciation and no drunken slurring.

Free to try, under £4 to buy the voice you like. Worth trying on the star I think,

Mike
Hello Mike

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I have installed "Vocalizer TTS" today along with "Kate" demo voice. Lovely voice etc, however, the volume of her voice is still very loud and still no way to adjust it (down or up). When selecting a TTS voice in IGO the only UK one showing is "Elizabeth/Kate/Simon Loquendo7 TTS Pro zervdim V4".
Below is the info.ini file for this voice. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the file has something missing or needs changing?

[INFO]

LCID=0x0809

ask_recalulate="Off route! Recalculate?"

brand="zervdim"

cmlangkey="Voice_English-uk"

flag="flag_gbr.bmp"

flag_icon="countryflag_gbr"

gps_disconnect="GPS disconnected."

gps_signal_lost="GPS signal lost."

lang_extention_flag=""

languagekey="English GB"

languagename="English (UK)"

luavoice=1

name="Elizabeth/Kate/Simon Loquendo7 TTS Pro zervdim V4"

offroute="Off route!"

overspeed="You are over the speed limit. Slow down!"

recalulate="Recalculating."

testsound="Hello, I'm one of loquendo 7 TTS Pro voices. Please drive carefully today."

timestamp="1291900175"

timestamp_readable="2010_12_09__14_09_35"

tmcsup=1

traffic_jam="Traffic jam ahead."

tts_destnames=1

tts_engine="loquendo 7"

tts_eta="You will arrive at your destination at\number=time %I:%M %p"

tts_langname="en-GB"

tts_mode_mixed=0

roadnameparsing=-1
ttsvoice=1

unitssup_kmm=1