Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st May 2017, 12:40   #21
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

The AA put it in my dad's Pajero and it killed that too. I hate the stuff! Dave and Kayleigh are sticking with it to fix the problem though. Very pleased with their commitment to help me save the car.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 07:43   #22
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Previous owner of mine lobbed K Seal in. Thanks to that bottle of stuff which cost a few quid it actually cost a lot more than that with a new radiator and heater matrix required.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 08:15   #23
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

I do wonder if the problems people have with this product is because of over use, I am sure some less studious owners think more is better. If the first or maybe the second does not work why not try a third? By then you are asking for problems.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:10   #24
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

The AA used it once on dad's Pajero and that was enough. Some engines just don't take it well.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:27   #25
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I do wonder if the problems people have with this product is because of over use, I am sure some less studious owners think more is better. If the first or maybe the second does not work why not try a third? By then you are asking for problems.
More likely fact of the matter is the name is a misnomer, these sort of snake oil fixes never work, especially in the case of K Series engines.

In the main, most HGF problems associated with this engine type can be attributed to failure of the elastomer component of the head gasket due to chemical attack.

With other types of HGF such as failure of the fire ring seal, can you see the copper coloured particles making their way through the coolant which normally runs at around 7 PSI, and successfully plugging that annoying little leak of combustion gasses running around 190 PSI.

These magic potions are usually used by persons with little idea of what is causing the problem their car is suffering from

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote