Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st May 2017, 16:53   #11
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Picture #6 is ripe for a caption competition
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 17:00   #12
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Great pictures rick especially the ones of the bridge I only live twenty minutes away and it never fails to amaze me a fantastic structure

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 19:43   #13
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Deserves every award it gets

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 23:15   #14
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Are the tigers still at the Parrot Zoo? A mother and a couple of Tiger cubs there when we visited with our grandchildren.
Parrots are fantastic aren't they? Never seen so many parrots and all rescue birds! Amazing place.

Meerkats pretty funny too!
Hope you enjoyed your visit as much as we did

Chris
Yes they are Chris They have quite a few now, we counted about 6 but it was difficult to spot them all as they have a new massive enclosure now and are no longer in the smaller enclosure near the entrance to the park.

Yes the parrots are brilliant, pretty entertaining to watch and listen too as quite a few are pretty chatty

Quote:
I like the big blue parrot!

Edit. Now, it gets even better.

Any elephants?
It's no longer called the parrot zoo, it's now called the Lincolnshire wildlife park and has been for some time. Just most people know it by it's old name.. it started off as a sanctuary for parrots that needed to be rehomed.

Quote:
They just got a load more Tigers we understand. Rick should be able to confirm. We had a little chat over a cuppa as I suggested they pop in seeing as they were going to be almost next door. it was nice meeting you both and gladto see you ahd a good weekend.
I think so mate, there were definitely more than they were last year in November. Was a pleasure meeting you to mate and thanks again for offering us to pop by for a cuppa

Quote:
Nice pictures Rick, especially the ones of the Humber Bridge which brought back some special memories for me. I was born in Hull and my father who has long since passed on worked on the building and erecting of the bridge for many years. My mother has a framed picture of them both with the Queen on its official opening .
Cheers must have been fantastic seeing it built. I'd wanted to go see it for many years now but never traveled that far north up until now. glad we went to see it

Quote:
Hi Rick, great photo's, can I ask what camera you are using? I do a bit of photography myself and I was going to suggest trying some overlay shots next time too.

With the colour of your car and a good rolling cloud sky you'd be amazed the effect you can create. Set the camera up for a HDR or 3 shot take. Basically you set the camera to take 3 sequential shots, one proper exposure, one 2 stops over exposed and one 2 stops under exposed. If you have photoshop, you can then layer each picture onto the other. If you have a Canon, download their "Digital Professional 4" free program and use the HDR tool included. It will show you a whole new light

Here's one I did as an example of Tenby in HDR, or have a look at my photostream on Flikr (search Sean Alabaster)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145201...posted-public/
Cheers my camera's a Nikon D3200. I've not had the chance to have a good read through it's manual to learn how to use all the various options yet. I just use it on auto or with the flash off at the moment. I'll have to read up on how to do that and give it a go

very nice mate I love this one !

Quote:

Deserves every award it gets
Cheers Rod
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 06:37   #15
Seanalf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connie

Cheers Rick, best bet, dive in on manual and play about! Nice camera BTW.

I took those with a Canon 50d and a simple 80-250mm lens, flash on as it was inside a butterfly house at the National Botanical gardens in Wales. You have a good eye, just play about with the settings and use YouTube

Born; Wednesday, 3rd October 2001 @ 16:00:16
The 34,336th 75 to run off the production line of 112,381
This was the 4,730th 75 CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 10,898
This was the 2,647th 75 in White Gold Metallic (code: GMN) to be made out of 12,251 White Gold Metallic 75s

To do
MK2 dials with IPK, FBH repair, headlining repair (again!) and some cosmetics.
Seanalf is offline   Reply With Quote