Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th April 2017, 12:06   #1
lasercutter
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Default Still trying to contact Canonite, ripped off?

Nearly 6 weeks after paying Canonite for some roof bars I'm still waiting for them, despite being twice told they are on their way, my last 6 private messages have gone unanswered and the promised tracking number has never been supplied.
So I sit here now feeling totally effed off that I might be £100 out of pocket, but worse than that is the feeling that I will not be able to trust buying things from club members again.
I'm still hoping there is a logical explanation why delivery would take 6 weeks, that the lack of communication is due to a glitch in the forum that means my messages were never getting through, ever the eternal optimist I walk in every day from work and look to see if they have arrived but the realist in me says it's not looking good.

So Alan, if you read this please tell me what's going on, where are the roof bars and what's the plan going forward... money back is an option even though I'd still prefer the goods.
Old 28th April 2017, 12:14   #2
jr.ewing*
Loves to post

mg zt

6 weeks is way past reasonable, hopefully you paid via PayPal, get a refund via them before your out the refund window
Old 28th April 2017, 12:15   #3
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Some thing for 3 MONTHS from TIMH and some rugged laptops...
Old 28th April 2017, 12:25   #4
lasercutter
Avid contributor

Rover 75

I did pay via paypal but as it was a trusted forum member I used the "friends/family" payment option so no paypal protection.

To be fair Canonite did say to me "Friends/Family doesnt offer the buyer any protection, if you trust me feel free to send this way.
Ive been on here long enough though for you not to have any worries"
Old 28th April 2017, 12:28   #5
jr.ewing*
Loves to post

mg zt

Oh dear, I feared you would say that. Hope you get it resolved
Old 28th April 2017, 12:36   #6
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

He was online late last night

T4 Location Map
Old 28th April 2017, 13:47   #7
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasercutter View Post
Nearly 6 weeks after paying Canonite for some roof bars I'm still waiting for them, despite being twice told they are on their way, my last 6 private messages have gone unanswered and the promised tracking number has never been supplied.
So I sit here now feeling totally effed off that I might be £100 out of pocket, but worse than that is the feeling that I will not be able to trust buying things from club members again.
I'm still hoping there is a logical explanation why delivery would take 6 weeks, that the lack of communication is due to a glitch in the forum that means my messages were never getting through, ever the eternal optimist I walk in every day from work and look to see if they have arrived but the realist in me says it's not looking good.

So Alan, if you read this please tell me what's going on, where are the roof bars and what's the plan going forward... money back is an option even though I'd still prefer the goods.
Hi mate,

This is very sad to hear, and is not good enough. If you are referring to the running bars on top of the Tourer I have got a set, and in the circumstances if it helps to renew your trust in people on the club I'm quite happy to send you a set free of charge, I do not like hearing when people have paid for goods and not received them. Surely we all here for the same reason because we are enthusiasts.
Regards Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Old 28th April 2017, 14:05   #8
mikmoz
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer cdti/75 v6 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Hi mate,

This is very sad to hear, and is not good enough. If you are referring to the running bars on top of the Tourer I have got a set, and in the circumstances if it helps to renew your trust in people on the club I'm quite happy to send you a set free of charge, I do not like hearing when people have paid for goods and not received them. Surely we all here for the same reason because we are enthusiasts.
Regards Mick
thats a great gesture Mick,a gentleman and a scholar,fair play to you dude
Old 28th April 2017, 14:37   #9
Seanalf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Hi mate,

Regards Mick
In that case, I paid for a night with Kylie Minogue and she's not got back to me either, haven't got one of those lying about I can have a go on by any chance?

Top gesture fella, top gesture

Born; Wednesday, 3rd October 2001 @ 16:00:16
The 34,336th 75 to run off the production line of 112,381
This was the 4,730th 75 CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 10,898
This was the 2,647th 75 in White Gold Metallic (code: GMN) to be made out of 12,251 White Gold Metallic 75s

To do
MK2 dials with IPK, FBH repair, headlining repair (again!) and some cosmetics.
Old 28th April 2017, 15:05   #10
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

I've not come across a Kylie Minogue in a Rover 75 as yet but if this helps then enjoy

Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Closed Thread