Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th January 2016, 17:13   #41
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

wee update, I put the car into Frasers of Falkirk as the parking sensors have never worked since I bought the car and the wipers were doing an odd thing which was usually on a cold morning.

Basically when the wipers were put on intermittent they would come up 3 or 4 inches up the screen and then stall, if you put them onto normal or fast they would work fine and would work perfect on intermittent after that, Frasers have submitted info to MG UK who asked for some more info and Frasers are just waiting on a reply from MG but I have a funny feeling its the wiper motor.

Parking sensors have been checked and they found a faulty sensor, authorised by MG for replacement so that's been ordered in.

they asked if I wanted the car back but I have told them to keep a hold of it in case MG want them to try anything with the wiper fault plus im in no rush as im currently demo'ing a lot of cars from various manufacturers and I have just had a nice Mercedes S350 AMG long wheel base delivered!
Old 24th January 2016, 13:18   #42
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

The wiper fault vanished and the dealer cant get the fault to come back so once the parking sensor is fitted I will get her picked up, having not driven her for weeks im actually missing the car!
Old 25th January 2016, 13:29   #43
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
The wiper fault vanished and the dealer cant get the fault to come back so once the parking sensor is fitted I will get her picked up, having not driven her for weeks im actually missing the car!
Hi Thomas,

It sounds like the dealers are being good to their customers so that bodes well for the future
Old 1st March 2016, 10:24   #44
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
It sounds like the dealers are being good to their customers so that bodes well for the future
I only wish they were...

I went to collect the car from the dealer, handed the keys and told it was parked round the side, its pouring with rain but the first thing I notice is that the bonnet is covered in oily finger marks, I quickly walked round the car and noticed the drivers door was the same, I was going to go back in to complain but I had to get back to work and thought just one of those things....

jumped in the car and drove out...TPMS light came on, cursing as im going to be late for work and thinking I have a flat tyre I pulls into the side of the road and walks round the car, one tyre is slightly flat but not too bad, I decide to drive to work and have a look later, driving along the road I have this strange thump thump thump which gets louder with speed, I actually pulled in again thinking the tyre must have went right down but no all look not too bad, I get too work and have a look, I have an undertray style bolt stuck in the tyre and the massive head on it has been rubbing along the road.....sigh something else to fix.

The car went in with a quarter of a tank of fuel and came out with the light on.

now the last part made my blood boil.....

when I bought the car the boot carpet was missing, I was given a brand new one from the dealer I bought it from but I was wary putting it into the car, however I had a an old Rover 75 boot carpet that came from my smashed Jap spec so I put the new boot carpet in then put the 75 carpet on top to keep the new one good as I put the kids bikes etc in the boot..........

when I opened the boot for the first time a week later after the car had been in I noticed first of all that the new carpet was on top..... then I noticed...... the new boot carpet was filthy, it actually had tyre marks along the carpet and looked as if they had been lying on the floor using my brand new boot carpet! I checked the 75 carpet and it was exactly the same! I was furious, I was going to go in but decided I was not in the right mood as the way I was feeling it wouldn't have been pretty...... I spent ages cleaning both the carpets back and vowed never to go back to Frasers of Falkirk again, I decided to open the bonnet to check the levels and found the battery cover hanging off along with a slack battery lead

a couple of weeks later I had been out in the car and had the weather conditions had been really bad, lots of standing water etc.... when I returned home I went to lock the car and the alarm would sound as soon as I hit the lock button, hmmm I tried a few times but always with the same result, a few people have had this problem on the MG6 facebook page and I knew it would be a faulty alarm sounder...but where to take the car? I phoned Morrisons of Stirling to see if they would have a look but they weren't interested and told me they were no longer an MG dealer, it would need to be Dreadnaught garage in Callander, I gave them a ring and was told that they weren't sure if they were still doing MG warranty repairs..... the chap on the phone went to check and came back to say can you phone back when Claire Luti is in? I phoned back an hour or so later and got Brian Luti who said they would look at my car and can I bring it through and leave it with them? but why wasn't I going to Frasers? I told him the story and he was very sympathetic, I took the car through on Saturday morning and left it with them, Claire and Brian were brilliant, they gave me a tour of the garage and were so helpful, Claire told me she was going to order an alarm sounder first thing on the Monday and would give me a call which she duly did, by Wednesday the car was ready for collection, my parents were kind enough to take the train and bus out to collect it for me as I was at work and the car came back spotless, cant speak highly enough of Dreadnaught.

So two faults so far, a faulty parking sensor which was not working when I bought the car and the alarm sounder, I have done 1700 miles since picking her up and the handling etc is superb.

The dealer network I would say is the biggest let down and the only reason I would have second thoughts on buying another, I hope with the success of the 3 and the GS coming out more dealers pick up the franchise and that the poor ones have to up their game.

Last edited by Thomas; 1st March 2016 at 10:27..
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 10:44   #45
Juego
Gets stuck in

Skoda Superb

I used to work for a garage who were going to take on the MG franchise, but after thinking about it they decided not to due to them only having the MG3 and the MG6 and too big a timescale between the launches of new models. I was gutted because I was looking forward to working in an MG franchised garage.
Juego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 10:50   #46
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
I only wish they were...

I went to collect the car from the dealer, handed the keys and told it was parked round the side, its pouring with rain but the first thing I notice is that the bonnet is covered in oily finger marks, I quickly walked round the car and noticed the drivers door was the same, I was going to go back in to complain but I had to get back to work and thought just one of those things....

jumped in the car and drove out...TPMS light came on, cursing as im going to be late for work and thinking I have a flat tyre I pulls into the side of the road and walks round the car, one tyre is slightly flat but not too bad, I decide to drive to work and have a look later, driving along the road I have this strange thump thump thump which gets louder with speed, I actually pulled in again thinking the tyre must have went right down but no all look not too bad, I get too work and have a look, I have an undertray style bolt stuck in the tyre and the massive head on it has been rubbing along the road.....sigh something else to fix.

The car went in with a quarter of a tank of fuel and came out with the light on.

now the last part made my blood boil.....

when I bought the car the boot carpet was missing, I was given a brand new one from the dealer I bought it from but I was wary putting it into the car, however I had a an old Rover 75 boot carpet that came from my smashed Jap spec so I put the new boot carpet in then put the 75 carpet on top to keep the new one good as I put the kids bikes etc in the boot..........

when I opened the boot for the first time a week later after the car had been in I noticed first of all that the new carpet was on top..... then I noticed...... the new boot carpet was filthy, it actually had tyre marks along the carpet and looked as if they had been lying on the floor using my brand new boot carpet! I checked the 75 carpet and it was exactly the same! I was furious, I was going to go in but decided I was not in the right mood as the way I was feeling it wouldn't have been pretty...... I spent ages cleaning both the carpets back and vowed never to go back to Frasers of Falkirk again, I decided to open the bonnet to check the levels and found the battery cover hanging off along with a slack battery lead

a couple of weeks later I had been out in the car and had the weather conditions had been really bad, lots of standing water etc.... when I returned home I went to lock the car and the alarm would sound as soon as I hit the lock button, hmmm I tried a few times but always with the same result, a few people have had this problem on the MG6 facebook page and I knew it would be a faulty alarm sounder...but where to take the car? I phoned Morrisons of Stirling to see if they would have a look but they weren't interested and told me they were no longer an MG dealer, it would need to be Dreadnaught garage in Callander, I gave them a ring and was told that they weren't sure if they were still doing MG warranty repairs..... the chap on the phone went to check and came back to say can you phone back when Claire Luti is in? I phoned back an hour or so later and got Brian Luti who said they would look at my car and can I bring it through and leave it with them? but why wasn't I going to Frasers? I told him the story and he was very sympathetic, I took the car through on Saturday morning and left it with them, Claire and Brian were brilliant, they gave me a tour of the garage and were so helpful, Claire told me she was going to order an alarm sounder first thing on the Monday and would give me a call which she duly did, by Wednesday the car was ready for collection, my parents were kind enough to take the train and bus out to collect it for me as I was at work and the car came back spotless, cant speak highly enough of Dreadnaught.

So two faults so far, a faulty parking sensor which was not working when I bought the car and the alarm sounder, I have done 1700 miles since picking her up and the handling etc is superb.

The dealer network I would say is the biggest let down and the only reason I would have second thoughts on buying another, I hope with the success of the 3 and the GS coming out more dealers pick up the franchise and that the poor ones have to up their game.
Eek ......me and my big mouth

Glad that you have found a garage that does look after its customers in the end though

They didn't fit a supercharger whilst you were there as well did they
Old 6th March 2016, 08:00   #47
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Eek ......me and my big mouth

Glad that you have found a garage that does look after its customers in the end though

They didn't fit a supercharger whilst you were there as well did they
I wish they did, however we are getting closer thanks to a few members of the MG 6, 3, 5 Facebook page to getting a remap for these, that would hopefully take power output to approx 200bhp
Old 6th March 2016, 08:09   #48
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
I wish they did, however we are getting closer thanks to a few members of the MG 6, 3, 5 Facebook page to getting a remap for these, that would hopefully take power output to approx 200bhp
Now that will make things interesting
Old 6th March 2016, 08:13   #49
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

That's exactly what I thought!
Old 9th March 2016, 18:21   #50
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

I was let down by the person on the forum who had wanted my ZT-T so after many postings on facebook groups and people letting me down I decided to post it for sale on Gumtree......within a day the car was sold.

The car was collected today although I must admit I was sad to see it go despite it being a money pit, if I had more money I would have put another engine in it and kept the car but buying my MG6 left me with no option.

MG6 is still going well, handles great and fuel economy has actually got a bit better and is averaging 36mpg now.