Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th October 2009, 21:55   #11
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

I understand where you're coming from .. but for me, as I've have already been playing double dins, had 1 of this sort of spec in and out of the ZT.
If its got a TV function ? then it has to be DVBT or don't bother putting it in the unit.

I want Digi TV to route back to the headrest LCD Units,

There are stacks of these types of units about and most of them are begining to have digi TV inside.

The price for these I suppose has to be higher because of the much more limited market there is for bespoke front panels rather than the standard din sizes.

If the unit was available form a UK stockist ( ebay or not) then this level of price would IMHO be reasonable, but from the Far east with the normal risk of extra Customs duty. it just don't compare pricewise with this sort of item
http://www.chinavasion.com/index.php...2-din-car-dvd/

Well thats my 5 pen'eth .
take care all
Chris
----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
If you check on ebay for model specific 2din units then this price is comparable,
however,It would be nice to negotiate a lower price.I don't think you could call it an underfeatured unit just because it doesn't have DVB-T as basically its an audio/satnav system and as such the tv function is mainly an added bonus as you can't use it whilst actually driving,whereas you can with all its other functions.I can't see any manufacturer producing a ZT/75 specific unit with integrated DVB-T as the car has been out of production for so long now and the MG-7/Roewe cars come with decent standard fit audio systems.I can't find anything else like this unit so I suppose it's the best we can hope for.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 15:57   #12
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Seen this now on a different site for $529 (£323) with no shipping charge (to USA)and the link refers back to the manufacturers site so they may be flexible on the price(hopefully).
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5483748

Last edited by picky747; 20th October 2009 at 15:59.. Reason: added currency conversion.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 17:57   #13
solaise

Rover 75 2.5V6 Saloon

Did they say if it had a normal ISO connector and not some bespoke connector for the Chinese MG?

It is attractive to think that you could unplug a symphony and plug this straight in - I guess you would just need to install a GPS aerial.

I wonder if they realise that there are 100,000 odd cars in the UK that their unit would fit into?
solaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 11:43   #14
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

I came across another Chinese company doing the same unit so I emailed them and their reply was that they can ship me one as a sample for $412 (£248)including delivery, much better than the manufacturers price of £358 without delivery so now do I or don't I?
Solaise,I would imagine these have ISO connectors as they have been industry standard now for quite a few years.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:53   #15
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
I came across another Chinese company doing the same unit so I emailed them and their reply was that they can ship me one as a sample for $412 (£248)including delivery, much better than the manufacturers price of £358 without delivery so now do I or don't I?
Solaise,I would imagine these have ISO connectors as they have been industry standard now for quite a few years.
thats a great price if its fully functional - he who dares Rodney - go for it !

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 12:13   #16
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Hi Pickey are you thinking of buying one for personal use? or possible importing for sale? It looks great and if you were to sell them I think you would heve plenty of orders. Please keep us updated as even if its only for personal use to have a report from a member who has purchased and also fitted one would be great. best wishes woolleysox.
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 13:21   #17
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

If I go for it it would be for personal use,too much hassle selling on with warranties and import duties etc.I would, of course,ask them to confirm that its a fully working retail model before taking the plunge.I've also emailed the manufacturer indicating that the price they want is a little optimistic due to the current value of these cars so I'm just waiting on a reply from them to see what they have to say.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:27   #18
solaise

Rover 75 2.5V6 Saloon

Go on.. you know you want to!

(You could say to them that you will write a review and post pictures)
solaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 15:07   #19
Beerhunter39
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

I wonder whether they would ever sell the bezel shown on the MG7 unit separately. Might help with fitting other manufacturers units.
Beerhunter39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 23:19   #20
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

Quote:
They have an MG7 unit as well but looking at the picture it seems that the outer bezel has been fitted upside down.
http://www.szutility.com/sdp/519111/...r_GPS_nav.html
Shame it's a edited image and not of an actual item. Rather crudely cropped as well.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote