Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2023, 09:55   #1
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default hi line speaker wiring

Hi can anyone tell me what the wire colours are for the factory fitted speakers, i'm changing out my hiline because its toast, and fitting a Aftermarket system, and i wire colors at the plug don't tally with a diagram i downloaded from another site, its a 2003 car, The only BMW connector is in the boot, theres not one at the base of the footwell, so i'm going to have to connect directly into the din plug the feed, i'm going to have to do from scratch because the multi connector from fuse 33 somewhere has a broken connection, and i can't find it, so i'm using a fly leed and fuse direct from that fuse, this is direct from the battery, via the fuse, the ign supply appears to be from another fuse, most likily fuse 11.
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2023, 13:35   #2
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

i've had another look at this, and the only answer i can come up with is that the actual wiring is only accessable in the boot, and the wire from the speakers joins the loom at the BMW plug, which is in the boot, so i have two options, run the wires to the boot, or un do the plug wiring, for the speakers, and work it back through the car, so i can route it to the front, i don't need the sat nav, or amplifier, as the aftermarket unit has these internally,
Old 5th February 2023, 16:24   #3
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Butler View Post
i've had another look at this, and ... the actual wiring is only accessible in the boot ...
Hello Martin,

I can help with the wiring colours but I need to know if your hi-line system has the Harman Kardon boot mounted power amplifier and parcel shelf woofers?

Simon
Old 5th February 2023, 17:25   #4
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Martin,

I can help with the wiring colours but I need to know if your hi-line system has the Harman Kardon boot mounted power amplifier and parcel shelf woofers?

Simon
Yes it has those, Would i be right in thinking that the speaker wires are not the blue connector on the dash harness, but are in the boot .
Old 6th February 2023, 08:31   #5
SD1too

Hi Martin,

If I've understood correctly, you want to disconnect the existing Philips radio receiver (in the spare wheel well) and the HK power amplifier, replacing them with your aftermarket unit. You therefore want to trace the speaker wiring from the HK power amplifier in order to transfer it to the output of your aftermarket unit.

Assuming I've got that right, RAVE shows the door speaker wiring (each mid-range and tweeter is wired in parallel from one channel) on an 18 pin white connector C0492 at the HK power amplifier. The colour coding is as follows on each numbered pin:

2 LH rear earth, black/red
3 RH rear earth, black/orange
4 LH front earth, black/slate (grey)

10 LH rear signal, black/brown
11 RH rear signal, black/green
12 LH front signal, black/white
13 RH front earth, black/blue
14 RH front signal, black/purple

These wires then all pass through a further connector on their way to the door speakers: C0395 (black, 17 pins) from the HK amplifier mated with C0981 to the speakers. The colour codes don't change across this connector. What's more, it's conveniently located behind your current hi-line navigation/audio LCD screen (the bordmonitor). Well, that's what RAVE says anyway!

So if you can find a way of connecting the door speaker wires on C0981 to the output of your aftermarket unit you should achieve your aim, hopefully!

Simon
Old 18th February 2023, 20:08   #6
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks Simon, Well i ended up getting a new round pin to ISO adaptor and lengths of the correct colour ISO wires to make an new loom, with the correct colours so at least everything was correct, , fitted this new loom, and the head unit burst into life, so i had power thte unit was working, Except, ive got no sound, i can rule out the wiring because i coppied the ISO wiring, with the same colour coding between the head unit and adaptor, where it plugs in to the radio adaptor plug in the boot, i noticed a red warning came on, centre display, but could not identify the icon, but im assuming it was boot open, because of the shape , anyone got any ideas, the old wiring is disconnected, and the only wires going through the car are the 8 speaker wires and earth cable, the perm live is piggy backed onto fuse 33, and fused live is from fuse 11,
Old 18th February 2023, 20:14   #7
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default strange one,

Hi got A strange problem, speakers are not working, I've fitted an after market Radio. sat nav, and used iso colours , made a new loom from head unit, and a new iso to round pin adaptor, again with iso speaker wires all colour matched, to ensure they are correct, the live feeds i've taken direct from fuse box, and its only the speaker and earth wires that are running through the car, the old harness is disconnected, and taped up, the only wiring to the speakers is the new wires ive fitted, theres no blown fuses and the head unit works fine, except with no sound,
Old 19th February 2023, 07:35   #8
SD1too

Hello Martin,

Did you find C0981 behind the Bordmonitor?

If you have no output from any of the speakers then it's something very basic. Make sure that you haven't accidentally connected your aftermarket unit's speaker outputs to the speaker outputs of the redundant HK power amplifier. RAVE is contradictory on the connector detail but I would expect you to be looking for male terminals on the door speaker wiring.

Simon
Old 19th February 2023, 09:56   #9
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Two threads on the same subject now merged
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2023, 10:06   #10
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

NO the only plug in point i could find was the round pin connector, in the boot, i don't have any connectors under the dash, the factory amp is still all connected up, its just the old plugs from the original receiver that went to the head unit that are not plugged in, because theres now nothing to plug them into, i used the round pin connector, as the plug in point to run the isp loom to the new head unit from there, theres no joins along the loom, only where i spiced in to the unit plug and the adaptor at te other end, all joints were soldered and heat shrinked, ive ran new wires for the power direct from the fuse box into the new head unit i've not used the existing ones, from the multi plug i will have another look this afternoon, to see if something isnt fully home. i'm getting power at the head unit to the speaaker wires, unless its a missing earth somewhere