Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th August 2014, 18:45   #1
Darkbluediesel

Rover 75 Conn SE

Default Connie SE Auto diesel 130+ Tourer, 2005, 125K, *SOLD*

The time has come for me to bite the bullet and face a simple fact: my Significant Other will NOT drive an auto, no matter how much I beg, plead or whimper, and I can't go on doing all the driving because there are (rare, obviously) occasions when I might need a break and a couple of glasses of red and I'm fed-up with being tee-total...

I bought this on the spur of the moment last Nov from Prof Dave, simply because a) it was such a lovely car, b) I fancied a Tourer, and c) I'd had automatics in the past. So I sold my '04 Connie SE manual diesel saloon on this forum to Kevin from Dublin, and thought all would be well...

I now give in and need to buy a manual! Since I've had the car, I've done 13,000 miles, had it breathed-on by Marinabrian, replaced the heater matrix, had it MOT'd in May (no advisories) had it fully serviced by Wyn at Eurorover who also renewed the auto box fluid to be on the safe side, put £500 worth of Michelin tyres on it 1000 miles ago and taxed it until Jan '15. Apart from that, I've just driven it, because it's a gem. It has a stainless steel exhaust (straight-through?? De-cat?? I don't know about these things!), sunroof, Sony Bluetooth hands-free cd/radio and obviously heated memory leather seats and auto wipers and dipping mirror. The alloys are virtually perfect.

Downsides? There are quite a lot of stone-chips on the bonnet, and there is lacquer-peel on the nearside a-pillar, rear edge where it meets the tailgate and on the boot-lip/bumper. I don't think there is any 'indented' damage on the car at all, and the paint blemishes are easily sort-able, because I was going to do them when I thought I would be keeping the car. Price? I paid £2500, and have spent money on it. Of course I'd like to get the £2500 back, or as close as I can, but I will be very happy to discuss! The car is in Swansea, very close to M4 junctions 45 and 46.

I'm struggling to upload more than one photo. Every time I try to add another from my iPad, it overwrites the first. I'm sure some kind person will tell me what I'm doing wrong! In the meantime, here's the one I succeeded with.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (138.9 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Duotone; 24th August 2014 at 20:31..
Darkbluediesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 16:40   #2
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Ipad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluediesel View Post
The time has come for me to bite the bullet and face a simple fact: my Significant Other will NOT drive an auto, no matter how much I beg, plead or whimper, and I can't go on doing all the driving because there are (rare, obviously) occasions when I might need a break and a couple of glasses of red and I'm fed-up with being tee-total...

I bought this on the spur of the moment last Nov from Prof Dave, simply because a) it was such a lovely car, b) I fancied a Tourer, and c) I'd had automatics in the past. So I sold my '04 Connie SE manual diesel saloon on this forum to Kevin from Dublin, and thought all would be well...

I now give in and need to buy a manual! Since I've had the car, I've done 13,000 miles, had it breathed-on by Marinabrian, replaced the heater matrix, had it MOT'd in May (no advisories) had it fully serviced by Wyn at Eurorover who also renewed the auto box fluid to be on the safe side, put £500 worth of Michelin tyres on it 1000 miles ago and taxed it until Jan '15. Apart from that, I've just driven it, because it's a gem. It has a stainless steel exhaust (straight-through?? De-cat?? I don't know about these things!), sunroof, Sony Bluetooth hands-free cd/radio and obviously heated memory leather seats and auto wipers and dipping mirror. The alloys are virtually perfect.

Downsides? There are quite a lot of stone-chips on the bonnet, and there is lacquer-peel on the nearside a-pillar, rear edge where it meets the tailgate and on the boot-lip/bumper. I don't think there is any 'indented' damage on the car at all, and the paint blemishes are easily sort-able, because I was going to do them when I thought I would be keeping the car. Price? I paid £2500, and have spent money on it. Of course I'd like to get the £2500 back, or as close as I can, but I will be very happy to discuss! The car is in Swansea, very close to M4 junctions 45 and 46.

I'm struggling to upload more than one photo. Every time I try to add another from my iPad, it overwrites the first. I'm sure some kind person will tell me what I'm doing wrong! In the meantime, here's the one I succeeded with.

Ipad does that mate. Load the photos on to your PC or Laptop and do it from there.
Annoying, isn't it!

That is a lovely car. Good luck with the sale.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 16:50   #3
Darkbluediesel

Rover 75 Conn SE

Thank you! I've emailed them to myself and will see what I can do from the laptop later.
Old 25th August 2014, 18:21   #4
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

Default here are some pics

This is a lovely car and I would buy it back straight away if I had not got a new ZTT

engine is nice and shiny!

lots of wood effect trim!!

OEM lamp protectors and front deflectors

matching cupholders and new knob that took my eye out!

full SS system (Longlife) with decat

It has had new springs all around, new OEM engine mount and Wyn has done lots of tweaks while Nick has had it

Its a really lovely MKII and I wish I had room for a 9th car.....
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 18:26   #5
ProfDave
This is my second home

Its also got some things like an original warning triangle, MGR net sets (front and back), new OEM mats (well pretty new!), an MGR safety kit with branded hi vis and gloves, boot tool kit, new engine tray, and some PPD additions like torpedoes and proper door reflectors
Old 25th August 2014, 18:28   #6
Darkbluediesel

Rover 75 Conn SE

Smile

Dave, you are a star! These are a great help, and SO much appreciated.
Old 25th August 2014, 18:56   #7
ProfDave
This is my second home

PPS the upgrade is the 160 remap; is also had an EGR bypass fitted (stainless one) and the decat was done as part of the exhaust fitting several years ago and is fully OK for MOTs (and allows the car to breath properly)
Old 26th August 2014, 14:18   #8
Beena wild
Loves to post

MG ZT190+ 2.5 2002

Sorry if I missed this but

a) what's the mileage

Last edited by Beena wild; 26th August 2014 at 14:19.. Reason: mistake in reading OP
Beena wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 16:18   #9
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena wild View Post
Sorry if I missed this but

a) what's the mileage
It's in the title mate. 125k

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 19:26   #10
Darkbluediesel

Rover 75 Conn SE

Could this be marked as sold? Thanks. Have agreed a deal with member in Leicester. Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest, and to ProfDave for all his help.